Devils @ Blaze - 31st March 7pm Face Off Chat /Updates

Skippy

Thread starter #1

Skippy

Thread starter #2
Blaze awards look to have all gone as expected

Guthrie / Farmer / Wood

“Shea has been outstanding for us all season. He has been the catalyst for us and I am really excited to have him back next year.

“Dustin, in my eyes, is the best defenceman in the league and Robert is one of the best young British players in the league. He has taken his game on to another level.”

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/covent ... -30639906/

skippy said:
Robert is one of the best young British players in the league. He has taken his game on to another level.”
I think Farmer has improved no end this season, but is that more to do with the line he was on? One thing that hasn't improved is his ability to fight :DWD

BeatBox said:
Settling in on a good line is paramount. Look at Sam Smith last year.
Not quite the same impact this time round.
Sure is, another example would be Samps on the same line as Max and Mark Smith in the 1st season in the BBT

Martynwo

Hope it's not a sell out, wasn't planning on returning to the UK until late next week, now returning on Friday so I can go now :Banana :pickle
Looks like a quick trip to the BBT Saturday morning.

Diafol

I was thinking of travelling to Cov but judging by the number of muppets around here panic-buying petrol I'd better save my fuel for the second leg on Sunday

:eek:

With regards to the awards i thought perhaps vanderveeken may have been noticed , He did put up some great numbers 31 pts in 31 games and a hat trick ...........for a d man that is pretty much un heard of in professional hockey
What kind of numbers would he post in a full season ?

Rempel16

5HOLE:

Jeff Mason (Belfast Giants) 59gp 65pts
Corey Neilson (Nottingham Panthers) 62gp 59pts

In this league it is quite feasible for defencemen to go a point-per-game in their stats.

Vanderveeken has been hugely productive going forward for us. However, I'd happily see a few of those points sacrificed to wacth him clear the crease in front of Lyle. He has the size to do this with ease. A few times this year opposing forwards have practically had time to get an armchair and sit in the slot waiting for the puck. (Beauregard and Benedict scored in the same Nottingham game, after dominating in this area- VDV was on the ice for both and didn't do enough IMO.)
He's a good player, would just like to see him use his size a bit more in protecting our slot.

DevilDom

Any news on Chris Frank? Just seen a picture of him on fecebook and he is still on crutches. Can't see him playing if that is still the case.

just have this feeling blaze will come out on top over 2 games,don't ask me why as you have pretty much owned us all season in the head to head,both teams are in good form with only 2 defeats in the last 10 games for both teams,god forbid the tie should go into overtime and penalties,my heart couldn't stand the strain.

ASHIPP

2 things worry me in our statistics: :evil:

1. Devils have a habit of conceding goals very quickly after they have scored - this happened again last week at the BBT, within 1 minute I believe.

2. Stuttering powerplay has been the Devils' nemesis all season.

Blaze showed exactly how to execute a powerplay last weekend. They had only 3 pp chances at the BBT, and scored on 2 of them. :evil:
Devils had at least two 5 on 3 chances and could not convert.
This will be a key element in both games this weekend.

If the Devils want it more, can execute their chances well and try to stay out of the penalty box, they will be in with a fantastic chance.

p.s. Saw Chris Frank driving along Caerphilly Road last night in a Devils' car.....presume he must be ok! Good news!