Devils @ Blaze - 27th December 7:00pm - Chat / Updates

jimmy snels

hardly a veteran fighter tho and Adams/gimblett/biz should sort it out next game if there's any team spirit there! Voth would smash him in the first minute. i think that's what we're missing. a truly feared leader and dominant forward

Gazza272

jimmy snels said:
hardly a veteran fighter tho and Adams/gimblett/biz should sort it out next game if there's any team spirit there! Voth would smash him in the first minute. i think that's what we're missing. a truly feared leader and dominant forward

nope he is not a veteran.

But there is only one way to become one ;)

Ocko

jimmy snels said:
looked to me like batch got mugged at the start and put up a good show. my question now is, will gimblett/Adams/biz (Im praying biz!!) do the decent thing and smack him about in the same manner next game to make a point? does my head in how our team lets the opposition take liberties with our young players/skill players.

a side point really but Adams two years ago would never have taken it. he's no where near as aggressive. and i think it was his edge that gave him the advantage most nights. not having a go just an observation
Adams and aggression are unfortunately words that no longer go together. The most he can muster is this pansy 2 handed push that appears to be his replacement for a check. We wont send anyone out, we never do and dont play that style of hockey. We used to rely on Vother to police things off his own back. I cant recall any instances where Adams or Francis have sent anyone on to sort someone out taking liberties. Perfect example of that is when Belfast are in town and we have Lloyd and Keefe running the show, not once have we targeted them so I dont imagine we will any time soon unfortunately.

I do agree with Gazza though in that it is good to see Batch standing up for himself rather than relying on a backup (which isnt there). he's a big lad with a boxer for a Dad so surely cant be too bad with the gloves off and the only way to learn is by having a go. His stock will rise even further if he can develop this part of his game.

Chris

Administrator
Who on earth is the second commentator?

The first guy seems to know what he's talking about, the second guy is just talking absolute gibberish :DWD