Devils @ Blaze - 27th December - 5:15PM - chat/updates

Skippy

Thread starter #1

This is it.. your chance to see Brian Stewart, and imply that its all his fault more than we've done so far, so get the Stewart chants ready!

The Blaze offer a web cast here http://www.cleancutsports.com/index.php/live-webcasts

We will be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for this game as always expect name calling, slurs and bad jokes about keepers not being able to stop beach balls in epic proportions, at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Texters are always needed so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206

Diafol

Re: CARDIFF @ COVENTRY- 27th December - 5:15PM Chat / Update

Only one seat left in the away block 8.

Plenty in block 7 if you don't mind sitting with the locals :lol:

Sliput

40 seats left in Block 7. As the empty seats are all at the one end by block 6 I am assuming it will be fill of Devils fans .

Earnie

Hicks does it AGAIN - calls a penalty on Devils in the last minute of the game.
He Must look at his watch

That will do nicely, 4 point weekend while the steelers and panthers take point off each other

Rich Best

Great win. Love this team we have this year. We are blessed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ASHIPP

A massively important result as Panthers and Steelers battle it out. Well done Guys..a great job and a treat for the fans. A day or two off well earned.

Hope for a similar gutsy performance on Wednesday would be fantastic.

BostonBart22

any chance of kidnapping the owners as the devils turn on the style when they are here and send them home in april. :lol:

august04

Great weekend for the Devils, with other teams sharing the spoils being an added bonus.

DevilDom

The Expectations of some fans has gone silly.

We were not at our most fluent best but we ground out the win. That is the sign of a championship winning team.

kettdevil1

Story of the season so far, never quite putting it together for the full game but finding a way to win.... Hugely enjoyable game played in front of a superb travelling support. Both teams deserve absolute credit for tearing into each other from the off, this really was a game between two teams intent on imposing themselves.

I suspect the Blaze will be gutted to lose given their play in the second period but this is such a resilient Devils team and as soon as the penalty was called in OT the result was not in doubt.

I hope someone has a picture of Lordo after Ritchie scored the third. His reaction said everything about the spirit in this team, other standouts included Ritchie, Kurka who was again outstanding, Bownsy who pulled off some superb stops and Mark Smith looked to be much closer to his normal self after his lay off.

Finally, I thought the away support was superb. It felt like a party all night and that must have helped the team.

kettdevil1

DevilDom said:
The Expectations of some fans has gone silly.

We were not at our most fluent best but we ground out the win. That is the sign of a championship winning team.
Precisely.

bdevil

Ritchie superb, BOWNSY class, and quiet most of the game but doucet again in OT! 4th OT goal of the season! Immense!

wildthing74

That was a gritty win. I said to Sean I couldn't see us getting any joy at 3-2 as we didn't get any luck luck and it just felt like Blaze were going to see the game out and they had some spells of being the better team so would have taken a point in the third.

In fairness Coventry went after us in a way I've not seen from them there in a long time.Petrius is quality and was a thorn all night as was the usual Tanaka & Lauzon but going forward they don't have the same quality as us and missed a few decent chances.

Like mentioned Richie was superb(as ever) and the line of Lord/Culli & Haddad was the hardest working one in the game and were on for all 3 goals in regulation.Haddad had his best game in ages and was like a battering ram in the Blaze crease just causing chaos where he could.Lord hit everything that moved although he was so pumped he missed a few checks or ended up worse off but his will to win was infectious.

Huge away support again as there must have been 300 at least there and that's got to lift you.The away block was its usual fun although I do think it was quieter than normal.

We took 2 points tonight when it could easily have been none especially killing a pen in the last minute.This club is nothing if not dogged and we are outperforming teams with bigger budgets.To be top going into the new year is incredible and with maybe a new body or 2 we could push on and get that first league win for 19 years.That would be incredible.

osh

Great to get the 2 wins against a Coventry side who have definitely improved over the last weeks. It keeps the pressure on those trying to catch up, we need to follow this with a win against Storm on Wednesday. A huge effort from each player over 2 games, well done guys.

wildthing74 said:
That was a gritty win. I said to Sean I couldn't see us getting any joy at 3-2 as we didn't get any luck luck and it just felt like Blaze were going to see the game out and they had some spells of being the better team so would have taken a point in the third.

In fairness Coventry went after us in a way I've not seen from them there in a long time.Petrius is quality and was a thorn all night as was the usual Tanaka & Lauzon but going forward they don't have the same quality as us and missed a few decent chances.

Like mentioned Richie was superb(as ever) and the line of Lord/Culli & Haddad was the hardest working one in the game and were on for all 3 goals in regulation.Haddad had his best game in ages and was like a battering ram in the Blaze crease just causing chaos where he could.Lord hit everything that moved although he was so pumped he missed a few checks or ended up worse off but his will to win was infectious.

Huge away support again as there must have been 300 at least there and that's got to lift you.The away block was its usual fun although I do think it was quieter than normal.

We took 2 points tonight when it could easily have been none especially killing a pen in the last minute.This club is nothing if not dogged and we are outperforming teams with bigger budgets.To be top going into the new year is incredible and with maybe a new body or 2 we could push on and get that first league win for 19 years.That would be incredible.
Couldn't say it better myself mate. It's games like that where championships are won. Always nice to hammer a lower team 10-2 etc like we've done in the past, but it's equally as impressive to go to the lower teams and grind it out when they're bang up for it.
Fair play to you for sorting the busses and travel, I honestly think I speak for everyone who has ever had the pleasure of travelling with you guys that we wouldn't pick up half the point we do on the road if it wasn't for your efforts.

voth26

Maybe not the flowing performance as we were treated to on Saturday night, but sounds like a more gritty determined performance, that are needed to win games and championships. The most important fact is we took 2 hard fought points making it a 4 pointer weekend, while panthers and steelers took points off each other. We need to take every game as they come and as the saying goes slowly slowly catch the monkey, and hopefully all the silverware on offer

wildthing74

CJDevil21 said:
wildthing74 said:

Couldn't say it better myself mate. It's games like that where championships are won. Always nice to hammer a lower team 10-2 etc like we've done in the past, but it's equally as impressive to go to the lower teams and grind it out when they're bang up for it.
Fair play to you for sorting the busses and travel, I honestly think I speak for everyone who has ever had the pleasure of travelling with you guys that we wouldn't pick up half the point we do on the road if it wasn't for your efforts.
That's very kind of you! :oops: I know how much it means to the boys having big support on the road as they tell us often enough but it's the passion of our fans that make us the great club we are and these guys put their body on the line each week for the badge the least we can do is support them.On the road is where they need it most and it's fantastic to see the support growing and have so many new fans travel and that is a reward in itself.