Devils birthday

moggy#9

Thread starter #1
The club have posts about this on Facebook and Twitter. Unfortunately they can't get the date of the first home game right.

Finny

I'm genuinely more annoyed about this than the logo

Edit: It is out birthday today - in terms of the first game we ever played.
But was Moggy and many others have pointed out on social media - that was played in Oxford. Our first home game wasn't until 30th November.

Last edited:

moggy#9

Thread starter #3

But was Moggy and many others have pointed out on social media - that was played in Oxford. Our first home game wasn't until 30th November.
The ridiculous thing is they've been corrected about this in the past. It really does annoy me that there is so little knowledge of/respect for the club's heritage.

I’d be saying to Todd this club has more to its history than the last nine or so seasons since he arrived, it’s just as important than the ones since the new ownership took over, it seems like the management are only interested in their reign otherwise maybe we’d have the original banners that were made hanging from the rafters, the famous trophies that were on the front cover of Anthony beers book on display in a cabinet somewhere in the rink ( or are they in a skip somewhere) this is a huge error by the club that offends me, but who cares I’m one of the soon to be forgotten Curran oil massive

BostonBart22

I’d be saying to Todd this club has more to its history than the last nine or so seasons since he arrived, it’s just as important than the ones since the new ownership took over, it seems like the management are only interested in their reign otherwise maybe we’d have the original banners that were made hanging from the rafters, the famous trophies that were on the front cover of Anthony beers book on display in a cabinet somewhere in the rink ( or are they in a skip somewhere) this is a huge error by the club that offends me, but who cares I’m one of the soon to be forgotten Curran oil massive
Really loved walking upstairs to the bar in the WNIR passing all the trophy cabinets and picture frames and Gretzkys bar full of flags bann ers memorabilia, it's a shame the newbies have never seen a bar like it, can't understand our current bar can't do the same, after all it's ours for 15 years .

Wannabe2

Spot on Travis without being nasty it’s a bit disrespectful to this famous club and fans history, without our history there wouldn’t have been a club to take over. We all look forward to the future, but without a past there wouldn’t be a future. If our past was full of garbage then that would be one thing, but for a club blessed with a great past, it’s a bit of a kick in the teeth for many. We live very much in a throw away world these days unfortunately, and it certainly looks like our past is also in the bin. Be nice to be proven wrong by a goodwill token that the club do care.????????

moggy#9

Thread starter #11
Us oldies better not kick up too much of a stink on here....the newbies are quick to repriman3d us for talking too much about the Good Old Days we remember....historic times (or maybe prehistoric times!) that they would have no appreciation about.
Really? Who has done that?

A sports club is nothing without it's history. That's why we have banners hanging from the rafters.

Kevlar68

Us oldies better not kick up too much of a stink on here....the newbies are quick to reprimand us for talking too much about the Good Old Days we remember....historic times (or maybe prehistoric times!) that they would have no appreciation about.
The newbies will end up being oldies with their own history they'll keep banging on about, the circle of life.

Wannabe2

Us oldies better not kick up too much of a stink on here....the newbies are quick to reprimand us for talking too much about the Good Old Days we remember....historic times (or maybe prehistoric times!) that they would have no appreciation about.
No one is kicking up a stink, caring about the club you love and support ain’t causing a stink, we don’t just care about the past, we are still here now and look forward to many more seasons being successful, hand in hand with our exceptional owners. It’s all about give and take to make a club successful, we are lucky enough to have owners that understand us and care as we do, myself I have great faith that these guys will take on board our concern and to move forward as one. We back our owners to the hilt and I believe they will back us too.

drainage

Thought I was going bonkers as my first game was Nov 1986 ! I know age dims memories but didn’t think my memory was that dim! Either way 37 years into investing in the Devils which is the longest I have ever stuck at anything!!

drainage

Really loved walking upstairs to the bar in the WNIR passing all the trophy cabinets and picture frames and Gretzkys bar full of flags bann ers memorabilia, it's a shame the newbies have never seen a bar like it, can't understand our current bar can't do the same, after all it's ours for 15 years .
That’s where I face planted the floor in front of Shannon Hope who was trying not to laugh ….he didn’t succeed but did help me up! I also spent a while in Gretzkys on Robbie Morris’ shoulders when we won promotion and it was on TV but I couldn’t see screen bless him !