Devils biggest Monster Hits

Wannabe2

Thread starter #1
Okay I need you guys to help me here, need you all to respond with the biggest hits you can remember by Devils players, plus if poss the season, then we can get a list together and see how many we can get together. So who laid the hit and on who. Please.

Ejercito Rojas

I'll never forget the hip check Kirk Dewaele threw on some unfortunate winger whose name escapes me. The forward in question ended up over the boards and upside down on the Devils bench! :D

As an aside, probably the best timed and bone crunching mid ice check I can remember was when the Devils played an exhibition game against Dynamo Moscow. That night John Lawless really had his 'clock cleaned' by Moscow d-man and future NHLer Darius Kasparaitis.

Earnie said:
Stephan Cooper on Dan Dorian mid ice - an absolute cracker
I remember, it was a monster hit by Stephen Cooper. Poor old Dan Dorian was in bits on the ice. I can also still hear the crunch where Kaspiratis hit Lawless fully square on the chest. Wow that check was as clean as a whistle...text book.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #6
Keep them coming please, Stephen Cooper laid a huge hit on Tony Hand in the WNIR by the sin bin, it nearly split his helmet the noise was huge.

tim78

Wasn't the biggest but Dougie on Rocky Saganiuk when dougie was being cahsed with the puck and he stopped dead and back checked into Rocky Saganiuk.

Also Craig Wellar on Corey Neilson in the BBT.

The Kirk Dewaele hip check was against David Kaczowka of Coventry Blaze in the 2005/06 season. There is an excellently timed photo of this - Kaczowka's skates facing the ceiling and his head facing the ice :D

Koop11

Stephen Cooper had several. The Dorian one probably the most famous but he also threw one in Europe. I can’t recall who we were playing but the guy was laid on the ice for a while.

Doug McEwen hit a Bracknell player (I think it was) over the bench. That may have been a pre season.

Max was good for a huge open ice hits. Joey Talbot and Domish (Coventry) spring to mind.

Hendrix on Westgarth but you can pick several more of Hendo’s hits in the last couple of seasons.

Voth on Tait but pretty foul play in fairness.

Wannabe2

Thread starter #13
Koop11 said:
Stephen Cooper had several. The Dorian one probably the most famous but he also threw one in Europe. I can’t recall who we were playing but the guy was laid on the ice for a while.

Doug McEwen hit a Bracknell player (I think it was) over the bench. That may have been a pre season.

Max was good for a huge open ice hits. Joey Talbot and Domish (Coventry) spring to mind.

Hendrix on Westgarth but you can pick several more of Hendo’s hits in the last couple of seasons.

Coopers hit was against a Russian player, where OJ shouted out good night good night, Dougies hit was on Brian Wilkie.

Gaz G

Voth on Stefan Sjogren in the Play off Semi Final about 8-9 years ago. Voth got thrown out and Sjogren ended up in Hospital but to this day I still think it was a clean hit.

Just found it on DYG. It was the 2005/2006 season.

Koop11

Wannabe2 said:
Koop11 said:

Coopers hit was against a Russian player, where OJ shouted out good night good night, Dougies hit was on Brian Wilkie.
Didn't Dougie go on to fight Wilkie later on that game/season? I recall him scraping with someone in the bottom left corner of the ice (from the TV footage)

Paul Bissonette's check on Bobby Sandrock in the bbt was hilarious because Sandrock came flying into the corner having 'lined up' Biz and but ended up looking for his teeth after Biz 'clothes lined' him!

Paul Sullivan

Don't really post anymore but love this thread.

My submission is the bomb that G dropped in front of the Devils bench on a Belfast Giant around 2009. I'm going to say Jason Rushton(?) Help out a tired addled brain if anyone has full details...

bb1

Not really a hit but Voths one handed shove of Theo Fleury was hilarious. He slid from blue line to centre ice after mouthing off at vother :lol:

Koop11

Paul Sullivan said:
Don't really post anymore but love this thread.

My submission is the bomb that G dropped in front of the Devils bench on a Belfast Giant around 2009. I'm going to say Jason Rushton(?) Help out a tired addled brain if anyone has full details...
It was indeed Paul