DEVILS @ BELFAST- 23rd December 2015- 7:00PM Chat / Updates

Skippy

Thread starter #1

The festive Hockey kicks off here !

Giants offer a web cast here https://live.belfastgiants.com//?ref=giantswebsite if I remember rightly the picture quality is decent but some of the commentary is a bit one eyed Giant fan.

We should be running the 'ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased' Match Night Live service for this game as always expect name calling, slurs and bad jokes about keepers not being able to stop beach balls in epic proportions, at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

If you'd like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction on the night you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com

Texters are always needed so if you can help us out please get in touch by PM or text the MNL line on 07527 625206.

Re: DEVILS @ BELFAST- 23rd December 2015- 7:00PM Chat / Upda

Webcast for the match is at an early bird price of £4.99 if you buy it before midnight tonight.

Wannabe2

This is like watching Sunday's game all over again. We haven't laid one hit in 35 mins

Have Hope#35

A very poor first and second period... Belfast bossed the second but some how we are only 1 goal down, are we able to offer anything in the final period that will allow us to get back into this game and possibly even steal some points!?

Wannabe2

Have Hope#35 said:
A very poor first and second period... Belfast bossed the second but some how we are only 1 goal down, are we able to offer anything in the final period that will allow us to get back into this game and possibly even steal some points!?
If we wake up we might

Ocko

That was absolute crap.

A team who supposedly would go to war for each other and by far the toughest team in the league and we've not broken double figures for hits in 3 games.

I don't mind losing but the manner in which we lose is unacceptable. Show some fight.

Seems like another poor performance by the sound of it (I didn't watch it though) we could really do with a 4 point weekend now against the blaze just to get the ball rolling again

Wannabe2

Lost 2-0 never laid one hit in 60 mins, that was a repeat of Sunday's game. Very very poor performance, would have been more pleasurable going to the dentist. Gutted

Wannabe2

Angusdevil7 said:
Seems like another poor performance by the sound of it (I didn't watch it though) we could really do with a 4 point weekend now against the blaze just to get the ball rolling again
Very wise to not watch this, total waste of money, our tough team played like pussies, total repeat of Sunday it was that bad. Personally I wouldn't pay there wages this week, anyone can skate around a rink with no interest.

What a load of crap and a poor performance from the devils team, no way are the are a team that can win the title from tonight's efforts the only player that finished his checks was Batch.
Please turn this around Lordo!

BostonBart22

are we missing walton , does anyone agree, defo need four point weekend otherwise league over with other teams peaking and games in hand :x

It's interesting how different people see game's differently.

I thought we started well, very high tempo, hit the bar, pressurised them well. Then they scored and our confidence was knocked. Belfast were camped in our zone for large spells and Bowns pulled off some cracking saves.

However, we then played a very defensive road game and tried to catch Belfast on the break, which they were wise to. I think our main failure tonight wasn't lack of physicality (it didn't seem that sort of game to me), it was passing precision. Too many times Belfast intercepted passes and our players were trying to pull off too many fancy plays instead of being direct.

Overall though I enjoyed the game. I thought it was a tense game of hockey where both teams were more interested in playing than getting physical.

Wannabe2

BostonBart22 said:
are we missing walton , does anyone agree, defo need four point weekend otherwise league over with other teams peaking and games in hand :x
To me any team would miss Walton, but Walton being out shouldn't turn the team into being uninterested.

jenks33

I'm sorry but once again that was dreadful. Before anybody says "but we're top of the league" i don't think we would be top of the league if it wasn't for Bowns. Every match i keep my fingers crossed that Salters is going to excite me but i think he's been a huge flop. In my opinion Hotham, Haddad and Batch aren't as good as last year and Kurka is the most frustrating player ever. He skates with intent but he constantly fans on shots and gives sloppy passes. I think we look like the complete opposite to last seasons team. We looked like a team with no ego's last year that gave 100% every game. This year we look like a team relying on their reputations. We win games and we will continue to win games because we've got a talented bunch of guys, but i haven't been impressed with our attitude one bit. Nothing would make me happier than to look back at this message in a few months and say i was wrong but i doubt it at the moment

Wannabe2

shoes_off said:
It's interesting how different people see game's differently.

I thought we started well, very high tempo, hit the bar, pressurised them well. Then they scored and our confidence was knocked. Belfast were camped in our zone for large spells and Bowns pulled off some cracking saves.

However, we then played a very defensive road game and tried to catch Belfast on the break, which they were wise to. I think our main failure tonight wasn't lack of physicality (it didn't seem that sort of game to me), it was passing precision. Too many times Belfast intercepted passes and our players were trying to pull off too many fancy plays instead of being direct.

Overall though I enjoyed the game. I thought it was a tense game of hockey where both teams were more interested in playing than getting physical.
Well I take my hat off to you buddy if you enjoyed that, I really do. Your glass is obviously 95% always full, and that is a rare talent indeed. Personally I haven't felt that high since the sixties/ seventees, good on you.

august04

Thank god the next couple of games are against Coventry. This team needs a spark of something different, starting with some physicality. Someone tough who can hit like a train but who can play too would be top of my Christmas list. I can't see it though as we're carrying spare players now. We've gone from being a fairly aggressive, physical team last year to hitting nothing this year and we were supposed to be tougher or so we were told! We may be top of the league but the Steelers and the Giants are winning their games in hand on us. With the threat from the Panthers too, we'd better make some improvements soon or we'll be heading South!!