Demise of MNL

Thread starter #1
Could this be the end of MNL coverage (at least for home games) due to the poor or non existent network coverage at the IAW.

The absence of a mobile signal has been reported by a number of regular MNL texters. If you have had a different experience when visiting the IAW let us know.

After 8 years my retirement is imminent with no redundancy pay.

Rich Best

Think it worked ok for me - I am on EE. May be wrong.

Is there wifi? If not there should be, it helps people post and share and raise the profile of the team and the sport.

ASHIPP

Am sure Steve and Todd would want to know that this essential, high quality service to Devils fans is going to be affected. Are they aware of it?

matbur

I appreciate the service that MDL has provided over the years but wouldn't Twitter be a more suitable platform to continue the service? Surely the club will have access to wifi in IAW?

I assume there's no wifi at the moment because the phone lines aren't up and running hence the reason the ticket systems also isn't working yet

That would be a massive blow for me if Mnl goes as I'm exiled in enemy territory (England) and rely on Mnl for my Devils fix. With two kids webcast isnt an option very often as games are usually bath and bed time. Hopefully WiFi will be up and running soon and normal service will be resumed

JC23

I get very intermittent signal from my seat in block 4 with 3 network, and very good signal in block 6 via O2, so who knows, maybe there just needs to be a few more people willing to text on the night.

Milky

Angusdevil7 said:
I assume there's no wifi at the moment because the phone lines aren't up and running hence the reason the ticket systems also isn't working yet
I've heard that IAW had originally not planned to install public wifi in the building. I'm hoping that has changed or that the Devils install it themselves.

Thread starter #12
It would appear that the only likely network coverage is O2, so vol;unteer texters on O2 network urgently needed.

Text or PM me if you are available MNL line 07527 625206

OJ

Russky

dave said:
Can you not do it using the webcast??web
Not sure if a webcast is possible. will check with those in the know!

I have been informed that there is a webcast of this evenings game. and I guess tomorrows game too.

Russky

OJ is hosting MNL today from 5:30pm so if you cant afford the webcast or get to the IAW in person, this is the next best option to keep track on how the Devils are doing.

We are still hoping to bring you coverage of the game but like last night it will not be MNL's usual comprehensive serivice

Score predictions & comments as always to matchnightlive@gmail.com

im a regular MNL texter. on EE. i get no signal. i have heard there will be 10 wifi routers going in, to cover the arena, wether not that will be public i dont know

jimmy snels

I got signal on 3 mobile only around the toilets when i went during period breaks. I guess if you spend a lot of time hanging around toilets you'll be ok :lol:

I'm on EE, had no signal where I was sat (block 19), did have signal between periods when I went to the shop or toilet etc though!

Thread starter #18
Can I apologise to all followers of MNL despite all our efforts coverage of home games is nigh on impossible.

Despite resorting to updating from the webast that ploy didn't work well last night until half way through the game.

On the plus side we can report that on Saturday night for the game against the Storm we had our highest ever number of viewers with no less than 2,378 unique viewers.

We even had 1,803 last night.

Until this season the highest number of viewers for the season was 84,092 for the 2013/14 season.

Our running total for this season stands at 101,826 with hopefully 4 games to go.

A massive growth of nearly 30% on last season is anticipated.

We will attempt to cover the 1st leg of the Play Offs 1/4 against the Stars on Saturday night.

WE WILL BE AT DUNDEE ON SUNDAY

OJ

James

Administrator
Hopefully the rink owners will be looking at some sort of ICE system ( In-Building Cellular Enhancement System) It's not an uncommon problem but I guess not a massive priority. If wifi is added we can look at adding a webform for people to supply updates. We'll find a way.

KaneDevils

On the plus side we can report that on Saturday night for the game against the Storm we had our highest ever number of viewers with no less than 2,378 unique viewers.

We even had 1,803 last night.
Could you please explain this as I'm confused. Your saying, as well as there being 3,000 plus fans in the IAW, theres a further 2,000 plus following on MNL? I find that hard to believe, sorry. Whenever I'm following MNL theres about 16/25 online max? It also states on the homepage that the highest number of people online at the same time is 226.

I find your figures baffling.