Deja vue all over again

Status
Not open for further replies.

rolf

Thread starter #1
Here's a few suggestions to be considered as insurance policies if you like. Last night the inevitable suddenly became proper real. Beerhead dicked on another of their conference rivals to move into second place with loadsa games on us and not that many points to make up. Effectively this takes our destiny out of our own hands as if we win all ours they could and likely will beat us to the league title.

This is where the insurance is needed to avoid bitter tears again.

Policy number 1 We buy The Clan, been done by us before with our nearest rivals, Sheffield, twice in fact, only this time we do it right. We immediately send Finners on Safari for 3 months with 3 of his favourite players. We quikly establish the Pope as head coach and the infamous fantacist Simon Hodgkinson as director of hockey and carpark (all for the juniors you understand). I am sure Poper still has his connections with the Finnish 4th division and the Latvian rec/beer leagues to improve the squad. We can all then sit back and enjoy the intrigue.

Policy number 2 Given that Beerheads run in only holds 4 fixtures they could possibly drop points on and one of them is against their uncle - the Panthers, we could afford them some worthwhile competition yet still. Given also that the Caps are in meltdown now, but still play the Clan 3 more times, we could recruit 4 or 5 NHL grade players for next year and immediately loan them to the Caps for the remainder of the season. I understand NHL allstar John Scott could be up for a road trip as last I heard he had been criminally sent down to Newfoudland. I am sure the Athens of the North could be a tempter for the remains of this season for him...and I'll bet he has a few mates he could bring.

pip pip

fatbloke

rolf

Thread starter #4
I know most of that was drivel. I was bored. But scenario 2 is not that far-fetched. It is done quite often in the premiership in football, so why not us? Apparently we have generous and seemingly connected owners. I know Scot Neil would welcome the help. We have twice already bailed out the steelers so why not? We don't need to make a big deal over it and it might just for once work in our favour

Status
Not open for further replies.