Deeds runs with the Wolfpack?

Mark666

Thread starter #1
Have I read right on twitter that Deeds has won a call up to the Chicago Wolves of the AHL? He's 4+3 in 9 games for the Col Eagles (plus 45 pen minutes) so I guess he's caught some peoples eye and the Wolves have had quite a few injuries and call ups in the last month. Wolves are big on the forcheck and have a very proactive style of D. He'll love it!

Congratulations! What an opportunity. Next week the Canucks... ;)

Mark666

Thread starter #5
Deeds had a great start with that assist but that started to look like less of an achievement 20 minutes later once the Wolves were 5-0 up with a player getting a Gordie Howe. He didn't get loads of shifts but had a good game with 3 decent chances he was unlucky to get a goal of his own and made his presence felt especially in front of the net. I'd hope this AHL stint lasts a few games. Wolves win 5-2. Highlights should be up soon I imageine.

Mark666

Thread starter #7
Deeds did good work tonight again. Didn't get lots of shifts but put in some big hits (including one that unfortunately put him on his own ass) and had a cracking fight shortly before the Wolves goals that got em back into the game. Wolves still went down 5-3 with an empty netter.

He doesn't look out of his depth at this level. Good luck to him! Saturday night in Chicago in front of nearly 11,000 people must be a world away from Tuesday night against Hull.

Wagstaff

wildthing74 said:
Not bad for a guy that can't play,skate or fight :roll: well that's opinion if you bleed blue ofcourse.
But boy could he tweet!
Still fighting with his helmet on I see ;)
Seriously though, Reading another post on here, You could do with a bit of Deeds toughness in the team at the moment, Deeds was always there to step in when things got rough, for himself or for the team!

Thread starter #11
Agree. I'd be happy to have Deeds back he seems to have his mojo back and I think he'd be great and solve some of the devils immediate problems. I doubt he'd come back tho. Seems to be having plenty of fun in the US.

Paul Sullivan

It's great to see a good guy like Deeds doing well.

I would venture it's the structure that suits so well. Being a role playing, energy guy that chips in with some points for 7 or so minutes a game on a 4 line team is a hugely different prospect to trying to be all things to all people on the second of a three line team, with at least double the minutes, special teams etc.

Good to see one of the good guys enjoying his hockey.

Thread starter #13
Deeds scores! :lol:

...His first AHL goal to put the Wolves up against the Rampage. 'Mazing. He looked well happy. I'll post the highlights later...