Dave Simms

ASHIPP

skippy said:
So he's back in his old role..

‘Simmsey’ accepted an offer from new owner Paul Ragan to return to the club as both announcer and media liaison officer yesterday and will start working for the club once again with immediate effect.

“It’s been a horrible four months away” said David Simms. “This is the best Christmas present I have ever had and I can’t thank Paul and his team enough for giving me the opportunity to return. I’d also like to thank both Chris and Steve who did a great job in my absence.

(http://www.britishicehockey.co.uk/news/ ... -3972.html)
No wonder Simmsey has been 'bigging up' the Devils' team and organisation so much on the Elite League Ice Hockey programme recently......he must have had a sense of what was coming over the last couple of weeks! Will he ever be critical of the Devils again?

Simmsey wouldnt be Simmsey if he wasnt making sly (well, perhaps not actually that sly) digs at the Devils and more specifically, Voth! :lol:

Its a good thing for Sheffield though. Simmsey is the only man for them.

ASHIPP

Clare said:
Simmsey wouldnt be Simmsey if he wasnt making sly (well, perhaps not actually that sly) digs at the Devils and more specifically, Voth! :lol:

Its a good thing for Sheffield though. Simmsey is the only man for them.
Well, he's back in 'the Family' isn't he! Cue 1980's disco and bad jokes! Sure he'll get a roaring welcome back to the Whitehouse from Steelers fans.

Is it really that great for the Steelers to have Simmsy back though? I remember reading a lot of posts in the past by travelling fans saying that Simmsy's match night experience left a lot to be desired.
Was he not also involved in the "quotes" supposedly made in the star by Finnerty about our horrible little tent which Finnerty wasn't to pleased about.
A lot of the nonsense that comes from the house of steel tends to be drivel spouted from Simmsy's mouth, I have also read a lot from Steelers fans that don't even like him themselves.

Aye. I dont think many Steelers fans particularly love Simmsey. I think it just comes with the job description though. I mean, how many Devils fans can say they really love Paul Sullivan? *rolls eyes and waves at Paul who will no doubt be reading the forum at some point*

These guys are there to wind fans up in one way or another. Simmsey is fantastic at it. He knows that the 1980's disco choons are corny as hell, but thats what makes ice hockey for him and he loves it. He loves the controversy and the gossip from rumours that he has had a hand in. I mean, look at his twitter feed! He's hardly the best person for keeping secrets!! He's like a kid on Christmas morning bursting to tell everyone all he knows and unwrap the truths!

Like him or loathe him, Simmsey has a passion for the Steelers. You couldnt ask for anything else in a promoter and match night extraordinaire (!) Rather than than some guy who reckons hockey periods are known as "halves" :roll: :?

Exactly. Thats what those guys are there for.

Simmsey does a fantastic job of winding up Devils fans by pretending he hates Voth and calling him all sorts of names, but in reality he actually wants to have Voth on his team.