Data breech at planet ice

NathanG

Isn't there a law that states a company can only retain data for a set amount of time? Like 4-6 years? Something to do with data protection and GDPR laws?

The_Stick_

Isn't there a law that states a company can only retain data for a set amount of time? Like 4-6 years? Something to do with data protection and GDPR laws?
I believe it is 10 years, though I took GDPR training many a year ago so could be completely off the mark

Jones72

I wouldn’t be too smug about it.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they have retained data from back in the BBT days.
And lo, it came to pass: just received an email advising that my data has been leaked as part of the Planet Ice breach.

“Dates of birth, Email addresses, Genders, IP addresses, Names, Passwords, Phone numbers, Physical addresses, Purchases”

240,488 records in total.

If you’re using the same password on multiple sites (naughty naughty) then consider changing it (them).

The notification came from haveibeenpwned.com, which scans breached data sets for email addresses registered to the service (free).

kingmo19.1

And lo, it came to pass: just received an email advising that my data has been leaked as part of the Planet Ice breach.

“Dates of birth, Email addresses, Genders, IP addresses, Names, Passwords, Phone numbers, Physical addresses, Purchases”

240,488 records in total.

If you’re using the same password on multiple sites (naughty naughty) then consider changing it (them).

The notification came from haveibeenpwned.com, which scans breached data sets for email addresses registered to the service (free).
Ah, I’ve had the same mail ! Doh! Preparing to be hacked, harassed and inundated with spam!

Should my inferno posts suddenly align with Mazz / Chilli / Lloyd_jeff, please ignore - that would signify an obvious hack :)