Danny Taylor

Wannabe2

Funny one this if he was born in the UK he should be okay, i know there was a thing about having to have learnt your trade here for certain people, but if you were British born not sure.

How about playing for GB with the upcoming Olympic Qualifications?

I wonder if there other players playing higher standard hockey who Qualify. I would hope Tony Hand is aware of such players,but guess the cost of bringing them across to play is too high, a nd there teams would be reluctant to release them.

It depends at what age he left Britain at and how many years training he had.

The same rule applies with Owen Nolan who left Northern Ireland as a child and received all his training overseas hence making him an import in the EIHL.

I believe Nolan could apply for a british passport wich would make him eligible for team GB, well when he was playing anyway so perhaps the same could apply to Taylor.

If team GB were to qualify for the winter olympics one or 2 players might come out of the shadows and declare there "britishness" but how would it affect the current squad.

mazza03

ggiant said:
It depends at what age he left Britain at and how many years training he had.

The same rule applies with Owen Nolan who left Northern Ireland as a child and received all his training overseas hence making him an import in the EIHL.

I believe Nolan could apply for a British passport which would make him eligible for team GB, well when he was playing anyway so perhaps the same could apply to Taylor.

If team GB were to qualify for the winter Olympics one or 2 players might come out of the shadows and declare there "Britishness" but how would it affect the current squad.
If it meant we were in with a chance it has to be tried.