CROWDER

BostonBart22

Thread starter #1
Just a thought we all know crowder can play tuesday night, I know we will need the extra legs but the way we played the last 2 games and both shutouts, what line would he play on without affecting our good play at present...

Good question. Also - how do you feel as a player when the second you disapear the team gets back on the upswing? Hopefully this CHL game will be his grand redemption and we'll all be wearing Crowder jerseys by Xmas.

ASHIPP

The team achieved these results with Matt Pope injured too. However, there are going to be injuries etc throughout the season. Crowder and Pope have shown how well they can play in previous games - of coiurse they will play because Lordo needs too be satisfied that the whole team have turned the corner in performance level.

Nice headache for Lordo to have when they are all fit and playing well. However there will be injuries and a congested schedule....having over the import level becomes important then.

Some posters on here commented very early on that our defence is very offensive. Maybe missing these two has caused our lines to be juggled and a more defensive style allowed the opposing teams to open up and attack, leaving their defence exposed rather than use being caught out of position. Maybe the balance has equalled out without these two we are not being caught with our pants down as often.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wannabe2

If pope has even a slight niggle I wouldn't play him, the CHL thing is history now for us. It's all about the bread and butter stuff now. Keep the winning streak going, get the punters through the door which goes hand in hand with winnng, and everyone is happy.

If pope has even a slight niggle I wouldn't play him, the CHL thing is history now for us. It's all about the bread and butter stuff now. Keep the winning streak going, get the punters through the door which goes hand in hand with winnng, and everyone is happy.
You writing off tomorrow ?

Like l said before anything is possible when different styles, hunger converge. I think we can give it a decent shot.

ASHIPP

As long as the Guys put in a good showing and avoid needless injuries that's all that matters tomorrow. Just enjoy the occassion - one of THE top teams in Europe in our gaff playing our team!

Devils are trying to build confidence and develop consistency in the domestic competitions. That must be their focus.

Wannabe2

Like l said before anything is possible when different styles, hunger converge. I think we can give it a decent shot.

I ain't writing off tomorrow, tomorrow is already written off as we cannot qualify for the next round. I would love to see us win 10-0, but that's it, the end of the road, so I wouldn't want us chancing injured players, as I would have thought Lordo won't either.

Not expecting to win but as long as not a hammering and I’ll be satisfied. Concentrate on our league now but hopefully do us proud in CHL too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we beat them tonight It will be a bigger upset than davos..

Laxers are my fav European team and are really really good....
I'm expecting a big loss.

ASHIPP

If we beat them tonight It will be a bigger upset than davos..

Laxers are my fav European team and are really really good....
I'm expecting a big loss.
Watching them last week on Freesport playing against Skelleftea was excellent. Fasth, their no1 goalie pulled off a worldie QUADRUPLE save using pad, blocker, stick and glove. All at lightening speed. And Rahimi is an absolute beast of a defenceman, screening the goalie and blocking shots.

As long as the Guys put in a good showing and avoid needless injuries that's all that matters tomorrow. Just enjoy the occassion - one of THE top teams in Europe in our gaff playing our team!

Devils are trying to build confidence and develop consistency in the domestic competitions. That must be their focus.
Think we ticked that box.