Coventry Car Parking

Thread starter #1
Making my way up to Coventry tomorrow for the first time in about 10 years. Any ideas on the best car parking places near to the rink?

James

Administrator
Re: Coventry Car Parking

there is a multi-story right next to the rink that we always park in. Come off the ring road signposted for the rink and keep taking lefts so you drive past the entrance of rink and its dead ahead.

kettdevil1

The multi-storey is fine but we tend to aim for the open air car park if there are still places. I think it is cheaper and it is certainly quicker to exit after the game.

The Wetherspoons round the corner is a good place for a drink before the game.

kettdevil1

I wouldn't have thought it would sell out. A good idea is to get there a little early, get the tickets and then go round the corner for a pint and a meal.

Never had a problem with parking even with it being sold out, but always try and arrive early. Go to the open air car park opposite and Like kettdevil said have a meal then head on in to the rink.

kettdevil1 said:
I wouldn't have thought it would sell out. A good idea is to get there a little early, get the tickets and then go round the corner for a pint and a meal.
We have been getting really good attendances over the past few weeks, well over the 2,000 mark so would suggest getting your tickets early.

A Harvester has recently opened just down from Wetherspoons, another option for a beer and food.

kettdevil1

Actually that is a fair point, just checking the online ticketing and block 8 (the away block) seems pretty full as well. They normally open up the neighbouring block if we sell out the first block but even so it might be worth getting some earlier than normal.

Also if you get your tickets early you can enter the Arena through Crosbys, which saves you having to walk around the Arena to the away block and avoid the queues at the main entrance.

We usually phone up and reserve tickets when we go to Coventry. There is no booking fee then, you just have to get to the box office an hour and a half before face off (easily done if going for food). We always park in the open air (turn left just before you get outside the rink entrance), there will be spaces if you are on time to collect reserved tickets.

The only time we used the multi storey was 10 minutes before face off and the open air was full, we ended up quite high and took ages to get out.