Coventry Blaze v Cardiff Devils - 28/08 @ 19:30 - Preseason

mazza03

Re: Coventry Blaze v Cardiff Devils - 28/08 @ 19:30 - Presea

So glad you are running MNL it wouldn't be the same without ot.

osh

Good luck to the team tonight, and thanks to those going for helping out with updates.

Tad#

Re: Coventry away friendly

pretty decent pre season game. Couple of scraps. The Harvey v Plumton one had some decent bombs thrown from both. I'd call it a draw.

I think both teams looked a little tired and rusty, but hey, that's what these games are for :)

wildthing74

Lots to be optimistic about. Lacosta looks the business and I was impressed with Plumton and Lord.
The guys who were training together all look fit especially Hilly and good to see him finish checks all night.
Also how refreshing to see 19 skaters out there and still Faulks to come in.

kettdevil1

Just back and have to say that I enjoyed the game immensely. We were rough, tough and didn't take any nonsense all night. Strangely the final score seemed fairly irrelevant as I am very confident that if we play like that this season then we will win far more than we lose and it was just so good to see players finishing their checks and sticking up for team mates.

Plus points:
- the net minding. We appear to have a Velcro net minder, he gave up very few rebounds all night.
- Mathew Myers, outstanding all night and at last we have someone to win faceoffs.
- Mark Smith, so good as ever.
- Team toughness, Plumton was impressive in his fight but what was also good was the way in which we finished checks and kept Olsen quiet.
- the Powerplay actually looked halfway decent, it needs some work but, it is getting there!

Overall though a thoroughly enjoyable game.... Can't wait for the next one....

kettdevil1 said:
Just back and have to say that I enjoyed the game immensely. We were rough, tough and didn't take any nonsense all night. Strangely the final score seemed fairly irrelevant as I am very confident that if we play like that this season then we will win far more than we lose and it was just so good to see players finishing their checks and sticking up for team mates.

Plus points:
- the net minding. We appear to have a Velcro net minder, he gave up very few rebounds all night.
- Mathew Myers, outstanding all night and at last we have someone to win faceoffs.
- Mark Smith, so good as ever.
- Team toughness, Plumton was impressive in his fight but what was also good was the way in which we finished checks and kept Olsen quiet.
- the Powerplay actually looked halfway decent, it needs some work but, it is getting there!

Overall though a thoroughly enjoyable game.... Can't wait for the next one....
Agree with all of the above, think we might not have a replacement for Macrae, but its early days and someone might step up and fit into that role, enjoyed the game and good to see the players sticking up for each other.

First impression of jerseys - not good but grew on me very quickly. All of the players looked like they got their shorts out of the Learn to Play Kitbag, Think some sponsorship neeeded for this area of kit

kettdevil1

The shorts were a mystery, can only assume that the new ones hasn't arrived yet as Myers was still wearing his Nottingham ones!

Good point about a replacement for Stu and I do wonder about secondary scoring. We created lots of chances but the conversation rate was poor. Early days yet though and as mentioned I enjoyed the first period of that game rather more than I did the majority of last season.

Oh and if anyone has any footage of the Plumton/Harvey tilt then that would be great, one of the best scraps I have seen for years.

Wagstaff

Early days and the first competitive match so the players wont have gelled yet, but overall both teams looked promising, a lot depends on how quickly they can become a unit, we did this well last year, but time will tell for both of us.
Its a bit biased in our favour as you would expect but the Blaze Tog has put some pics up, I haven't seen any video footage yet.

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-qZh9n

Wannabe2

Enjoyed game last night, result pretty irrellevant at moment, team looks neat and will defo stick up for each other. Real hockey fight between 2 guys who will be fans favourites,slight edge to Harvey with punches 19 to11 to him, although Plumtons 4th punch rocked Harvey big time. Hockey is back and dont you just love it.
Happy Hockey Days.

jimmy snels

Wannabe2 said:
Enjoyed game last night, result pretty irrellevant at moment, team looks neat and will defo stick up for each other. Real hockey fight between 2 guys who will be fans favourites,slight edge to Harvey with punches 19 to11 to him, although Plumtons 4th punch rocked Harvey big time. Hockey is back and dont you just love it.
Happy Hockey Days.
Amazed you gave edge to harvey, the guy took all the big bombs! If you saw his cut eye and very swollen nose compared to plumptons zero markings I know who id give it to!

Game was ok. Not the most exciting. Conboy olson will happen a few times this season my prediction because conboy clearly wont take no messing about and thats all olson does is cross check, rough and board. Plumpton actually gave him a few in the face at the end of the second in the mayhem after a blaze player ran lacosta. Really didn't expect him to be so feisty! Ross looked a little slow. Lord showed great hands. Cant see him doing any fighting with the skills he showed on the puck.
New kit looked nice.

Have Hope#35

jimmy snels said:
Wannabe2 said:
Happy Hockey Days.
Amazed you gave edge to harvey, the guy took all the big bombs! If you saw his cut eye and very swollen nose compared to plumptons zero markings I know who id give it to!

Game was ok. Not the most exciting. Conboy olson will happen a few times this season my prediction because conboy clearly wont take no messing about and thats all olson does is cross check, rough and board. Plumpton actually gave him a few in the face at the end of the second in the mayhem after a blaze player ran lacosta. Really didn't expect him to be so feisty! Ross looked a little slow. Lord showed great hands. Cant see him doing any fighting with the skills he showed on the puck.
New kit looked nice.

Attachments

jimmy snels said:
Wannabe2 said:
Happy Hockey Days.

New kit looked nice.

you clearly didn't see the cut on plumpton then, great fight with both players landing plenty and maybe slight edge harvey.

Only going by the video but it looks like a solid draw. There is no way you can call either guy the winner. Both threw bombs and both cut up. Blaze guy tries to end it by dragging Plumton by floor.

Wagstaff

Conboy olson will happen a few times this season my prediction
So where did they put the four stitches, it wasn't in his shirt cus he changed that? Personally I'd say overall it was a good even tilt with Harvey having two stitches too. Both of them landing some good hits and taking some good hits.
Conboy Olson will happen, that's an almost cert, but hopefully it will be face to face and not a flying hit from behind from Conboy next time! But for those of you who loved Deeds, this guy looks even more the part!