Coventry Blaze programme piece - full version

rolf

Thread starter #1
Here's tonights meet the visitors bit from the programme, the way i wrote it and not the pee cee version printed:-

Hello, good evening and welcome to Paul Thommo Thompson, his travelling Cassidy Coventry Blazers and their supporters. I think I'll start with the supporters tonight, as our nearest and dearest (pah !!) rivals they always travel in large numbers down the M50 (is that really a motorway - I've known longer driveways!!) to make their presence felt. As we are on for a Saturday night tear-up, I'm expecting a beezer turnout tonight. Kerrrrr ching, trouser that Matt and can we play you every week? Might even help towards the cost of the gift to hockey known as Ryan Finnerty, now don't be jealous - we all know he chose the right club........Anyways back to the Blaze fans, the bit I like most is when they all get on they horses for a mad donkey derby, except that they've forgotten the horse. They do it every time, perhaps a post-it on the fridge could sort that one......no charge for that advice guys. Ok so we like to call em chavs, but I recall the dark days before we got our shiny new tent and the Kipper-led devils fans marched through the city centre to raise the profile of our plight with the general public. Anybody else remember who travelled down early to march shoulder to shoulder with us? Got it in one, it was the chavs !!!! So if that is chavvy behaviour, then sign me up for a full burberry bodysuit, by the way didn't we once make that down here..............

So now my watery eye moves to the team, who hopefully will go home with a crate of wam beer only and nil points, sadly that don't happen as often as I'd like, so who do we have to overcome to send me home a fat, happy old monkey? Well, lets start with the grit as that is the basis of all pearls (ask any oyster-they'll tell ya) and as they sit proudly on top of the league, coach Thommo must almost have a necklace !! No jokes please - family sport, we all know the rules, but the blaze do seem to be very abrasive this year. They have, new in, this year:-

Brian Lee - a hard-nosed D man in his first year over here. He appears to enjoy a bit of argy bargy especially at home, so let's see if he can export it and who might be on the receiving end of it?

Jason Robinson - old war horse Jason is no stranger to us and will also be a rock to overcome. I think he was unfairly dubbed pylon in his Newcastle days. Apparently he was that static. Not true. I'm sure I've seen him move.....once. Still gotta get by him though and he likes a punch-up.

Derek Campbell - no not that one, the other one. For another feisty blighter he has a good eye for goal and soft hands, though probably not when he is punching you in the chops. Not quite sure which hands I want him wearing tonight. Perhaps the ones tied together !!!!!

And on offence, lots of it as it goes.......

Greg Chambers - genius signing! The most unlikely looking player I've seen since Roger Hunt, maybe that's due to him having a slow metabolism and a very fast pie hand, however it doesn't stop him racking up the points and making me wish to see him dressed like a devil. Slow start this year but watch him now. Always scores on us, always. So that's the jinx on then.

Adam Calder - evergreen veteran Adam must have a picture in his attic as he just doesn't age at all. Almost as old as Steve Moria and just as deadly. As a devils fan I can't be kinder than that, trust me.

Luke Fulghum - stayed over here and in the EIHL after phoenix dropped out and quite rightly so. Another guy who makes me jealous. Quality.

Netminding? Hello Peter Hirsch. Big reputation and now living up to it. He gets my prize for the best helmet in the league, check it out. What did I say about jokes now!!

Brits? Well GB coach Thompson has some doozies here in Jonathan Weaver, Greg Owen and Russ Cowley. Make em talk funny and you'd believe them all imports. These guy are pure class and, despite playing for the wrong team, they are a joy to watch. I feel like waving the union jack now and NO, that's not a euphemism!!

Finally hats off to the Blaze management for retiring Stephen Coopers jersey. I wish we had done that, but then again if we had, then G would be playing in his vest..............so perhaps not, eh?

Rolf

Russky

I am so glad that you have a place to put your un-PC versions of your articles, I wish I had thought of doing that when I was writing programe articles. It is a pity that they have to have a 'sanitised' version for general consumption in the programe, It would cut down your workload somewhat! ;)