Coughler Gone

GAVIN

Getting worried about all our excellent players going... something big had to happen but not the best players... seem like we probably going to have the seem problem as last season.... I gear the worse on what has happened so far

BostonBart22

Getting worried about all our excellent players going... something big had to happen but not the best players... seem like we probably going to have the seem problem as last season.... I gear the worse on what has happened so far
No brainer for me, he's not the same as he was before concussion and probably had a factor in the devils releasing him, there's always another player waiting in the wings, he also joins Sam ruopp ex giants. Good luck to him be intresting to see his progress.

The_Stick_

One of the leagues best in Season 1, but injuries took over in Season 2 and wasn’t quite the player he first was. Wish him well in Germany, and hope he can find fitness elsewhere

Earnie

When he came he lifted our team. He was just the tonic we needed.
Sadly injury last season deflated his overall performance and production

jenks33

if Coughler is being released maybe due to injury prone why are we supposedly going for Mosey?
Simple answer = Pete Russell. If it it wasn’t for Pete Russell being a huge Mosey fan I’m not convinced Todd and the owners would have ever considered re-signing Mosey.

Do you know what as well. To be fair to Mosey his injury record probably is being exaggerated a bit. I’ll be the first to admit that I’m slightly concerned about Mosey’s injuries but he still played 90 out of 108 league games during his time in Sheffield. Not perfect but not disastrous

Last edited:

Pembo

Sam Ruopp and Jake Coughler, both good EIHL pickups for the foxes. Lot of good players leaving the league this time around it feels like.

AJ73

Sam Ruopp and Jake Coughler, both good EIHL pickups for the foxes. Lot of good players leaving the league this time around it feels like.
A lot of the better players filtering out of the league currently - quite a worrying trend so far this off season!

Gutted about Coughler - I understand the decision but felt he had more to offer the Devils this coming season.

Surprised around Devils announcements recently - it’s been a week where we’ve seen Kozun, Louis & Coughler all leave in a short space of time. Feel like the signing tonight has to be a big one - to get a good feeling going again!

Pembo

I think PR may have a bigger say in players compared to Skalde and Dupont maybe that's why the offload of the players we've seen go so far.
He seems to have a lot of faith in Bowns so imagine he will be our regular nettie with more of a raw number 2. He got good production out of Waller who continues to improve. With Richie back keeping Waller would be a great bit of business ahead of next season. Obviously didn’t fancy Duggs, JB or BD for the final GB squad. Duggs seems great for dressing room so imagine we will retain him, hope we keep BD as well as put in some serious effort on penalty kills. With a lot of the league getting losing their best players I’m expecting a bit of a quality drop in EIHL next season, if we can cannily add players to get more consistent point production from second and third lines we’ve a great chance to improve on last season. Hope we get some pulse racing signings / resignings in the coming days!

Kevlar68

He seems to have a lot of faith in Bowns so imagine he will be our regular nettie with more of a raw number 2.
Faith in Bowns or no better option for GB?
And if getting a raw number 2 nettie in why get rid of Kozun who's better than raw?

Kristoff

Like I said on a previous post. With two big names going I hope we don't have another off season of bringing in downgraded players. Some big skates to fill
Carruth - Bowns
Mikkelson - Jardine
Register - Crawford
McNulty - Thompson
Dixon - Penny
McNally - Britain
Lammon -

Not one upgrade last season

AJ73

Like I said on a previous post. With two big names going I hope we don't have another off season of bringing in downgraded players. Some big skates to fill
Carruth - Bowns
Mikkelson - Jardine
Register - Crawford
McNulty - Thompson
Dixon - Penny
McNally - Britain
Lammon -

Not one upgrade last season
Goat for DuPont was the only upgrade

OJLloyd2

Very disappointing, though I suppose understandable.

I think he got a rough deal with line mates last year in that the best he looked was on the CCS line. With Martin on that line the rest weren’t really up to scratch.

The injuries are obviously concerning, and that might be the only reason I could see it as being understandable.

But he had bags of skill, was always exciting to watch and passionate with it.

I hope he does really well in Germany.

E.D.S.

Feels like a good move for us and him but take nothing away from his impact here. 100% effort every shift. He hit above his weight and had the ability to score impossible goals. Such a big player for us and never more evident than when he was out injured. Brilliant to watch. Thank you Jake

Devils86

Feels like a good move for us and him but take nothing away from his impact here. 100% effort every shift. He hit above his weight and had the ability to score impossible goals. Such a big player for us and never more evident than when he was out injured. Brilliant to watch. Thank you Jake
Yes its easy to forget how we were missing someone to score the messy goals and get in front of the net at the time - and we still are...

His arrival really did spark the salvage of that season