Conti Cup opponents.

NathanG

Surely they should announce this asap. They know the 4 teams. The sooner the better to sort out visas, flights and accommodation etc.

MA18

Surely they should announce this asap. They know the 4 teams. The sooner the better to sort out visas, flights and accommodation etc.
Announcing it to fans and sorting out visas, flights and accommodation for the 4 teams are two different things.

Kevlar68

For the iihf I would think to make the final go smoothly and have it attended well they need to choose a final venue with good transportation links and infrastructure. Seems pointless being in the back of beyond with very little around it with low attendance, it wouldn't do the iihf any good.

kettdevil1

For the iihf I would think to make the final go smoothly and have it attended well they need to choose a final venue with good transportation links and infrastructure. Seems pointless being in the back of beyond with very little around it with low attendance, it wouldn't do the iihf any good.
Yup. My knowledge of Slovakia isn't great but Nitra looks tricky to get to (fly to Bratislava or even Vienna maybe?) and Asiago isn't good so..... hopefully Angers or Cardiff for me

Earnie

‘On the wings of an army’ travel. - come on guys , big job for you coming up!!
Coach & Ferry or flights - anything will do…….

I believe all four teams have lodged applications with the IIHF to host the final round. The decision will be taken early in December with the clubs informed by Dec 4th.
A lot of work is involved in hosting the event and not a great deal of financial benefit unless you can sell out your arena.
Angers have a beautiful new stadium and are believed to be favourites to host the final.
A road trip for the Devils could be a big help with team bonding and confidence and hopefully a win could act as a boost for our league form for the run-in.
Angers is also relatively easy to get to for any travelling fans, even drivable if you can afford the fuel!!

Kevlar68

A road trip for the Devils could be a big help with team bonding and confidence and hopefully a win could act as a boost for our league form for the run-in.
It can also work the opposite way. Financially first its a big chunk of change to travel a team, kit, hotel rooms etc. Sometimes players can get on each other tits for to long a period, some may not get on anyway but keep it civil for the team as they don't see the other player for long periods of the time.
A home final would be better all round for the Devils but i want a weekend away in France, not sure i would go to anywhere else just due to travel logistics.

For best chance of selling out the games from a fans point of view surely Cardiff or Angers are the only 2 logical options. Also for team travel Cardiff has an airport and lots of hotels around the local area so would be an advantage for hosting here

It can also work the opposite way. Financially first its a big chunk of change to travel a team, kit, hotel rooms etc. Sometimes players can get on each other tits for to long a period, some may not get on anyway but keep it civil for the team as they don't see the other player for long periods of the time.
A home final would be better all round for the Devils but i want a weekend away in France, not sure i would go to anywhere else just due to travel logistics.
Absolutely agree it can go either way but domestic form has been so ‘patchy‘ to say the least, so what have we got to lose.
Devils management want to host it, however, unsurprisingly the players want… …..ROAD TRIP!!!!

Kevlar68

Been looking at where the Final may be held so travel logistics puts Cardiff ahead with 14 miles from airport to city centre, then Asiago 36 miles from airport, then Nitra which is 41 miles from airport, and finally Angers which is 63 miles from airport.
I've been trying to get flights, hotels and transport priced up ready for when final venue is announced and for the IIHF to have a successful final with good amenities for all the fans Cardiff is way ahead of the other 3 teams.

JC23

Been looking at where the Final may be held so travel logistics puts Cardiff ahead with 14 miles from airport to city centre, then Asiago 36 miles from airport, then Nitra which is 41 miles from airport, and finally Angers which is 63 miles from airport.
I've been trying to get flights, hotels and transport priced up ready for when final venue is announced and for the IIHF to have a successful final with good amenities for all the fans Cardiff is way ahead of the other 3 teams.
Got a feeling we’ll be seeing Angers announced, personally.