constant spectator movement

Thread starter #1
There is very little if anything that the previous regime can claim to be better than our current setup, but I did prefer it when they used to advise spectators not to move around on galleyways when the puck was in play. We are not blessed with good sightlines in our soon to be old home and it's really frustrating when the view is even more obscured by someone making their way down the stairs when the puck is live.

We get plenty of breaks in play, is there any way the club can bring back this policy to better the night's enjoyment?

James

Administrator
Pretty sure I've heard Todd announce it a number of times including 2 minute warnings for people to get back to their seats in period breaks.

Earnie

Todd has been very vocal reminding people to restrict their movement during play and not spoil the enjoyment of others.

Not much he can do if people don't take any heed.

Some folk are just plain ignorant and don't care.

Are there any numbers at the bottom of the staircases directing you to the right blocks like in most rinks/arenas/stadiums?

What I find sitting in Block 14 is that at the beginning of the game people have walked up the staircases by reception as soon as they've walked in to the rink and then they have to walk along the whole rink towards blocks 14/15 when they could have walked along underneath and up the end staircases right by their blocks.

I know this wouldn't really help at the opposite side of the rink due to the players benches but it might help newbies who don't really know where they're heading.

Ocko

Ah who cares, it could be worse you could be a Caps or Blaze fan on this fine Monday!

As annoying as it is I don't think Todd can do anymore. It's worse this year as we have about 600 extra people in the building than in previous years, those people need feeding and watering and that's with no extra facilities or Planet Ice manpower so it's always going to be a problem that got worse this year.

Wannabe2

Ocko said:
Ah who cares, it could be worse you could be a Caps or Blaze fan on this fine Monday!

As annoying as it is I don't think Todd can do anymore. It's worse this year as we have about 600 extra people in the building than in previous years, those people need feeding and watering and that's with no extra facilities or Planet Ice manpower so it's always going to be a problem that got worse this year.
Spot on, traffic worse but Hockey unbelievably better. Know which one I will go with. :( ;)

drainage

Merthyr Devil said:
Are there any numbers at the bottom of the staircases directing you to the right blocks like in most rinks/arenas/stadiums?

What I find sitting in Block 14 is that at the beginning of the game people have walked up the staircases by reception as soon as they've walked in to the rink and then they have to walk along the whole rink towards blocks 14/15 when they could have walked along underneath and up the end staircases right by their blocks.

I know this wouldn't really help at the opposite side of the rink due to the players benches but it might help newbies who don't really know where they're heading.
I think that's a great idea as a fellow Blk 14 sufferer ! When I sold 50 50 tickets if anyone asked directions I always told them to use second set of stairs if they wanted 13 14 or 15

Todd does remind people but unfortunately if they don't listen very little can be done

Temme

It is announced very regularly from what my ears pick up,

I guess there's not a lot you can do if you're sat in block 2/3 as it's a long walk to those stairs!

For some of the new fans you can understand a little bit of ignorance and maybe they need to be told politely, but the ones who have been going for a long time there is no excuse....happened on Sunday a few times with people that go to every game :evil:

Maybe there should be a quick chant from the block 2 people when they see idiots moving around - a little rendition of James 'All Sit Down' or just everybody point at them and a quick 'Oi stupid sit down'....

I suppose the stewards could always remind them as they go down the stairs during play?

youngbob

I think some of the worst are the sponsor's guests, some are probably "only here for the beer", and the hockey isn't their primary reason to be at the rink

Sheincar

It would be good too if more action were taken against people using flash. It's so frustrating when you see a flash go off by a net that we're attacking.

Baz-lar said:
For some of the new fans you can understand a little bit of ignorance and maybe they need to be told politely, but the ones who have been going for a long time there is no excuse....happened on Sunday a few times with people that go to every game :evil:

Maybe there should be a quick chant from the block 2 people when they see idiots moving around - a little rendition of James 'All Sit Down' or just everybody point at them and a quick 'Oi stupid sit down'....

I suppose the stewards could always remind them as they go down the stairs during play?
The stewards DO remind them when they come down the stairs during play. Unfortunately very few people take note of the polite request.

Sheincar

At the ATP at o2 someone was using flash & the TV camera zoomed in on him & showed him on the big screen. Works for me lol! At least of Todd announced which block was offending there should be no excuse that they thought the message was for someone else.

Maybe we should think about the causes. Planet Ice are to blame. It takes forever and a day to get a hot dog or beer in the intermissions. If fans have to wait in line for such long times, it's not surprising (even if inconsiderate) for them to go early or during play to get their drink or dog, or maybe they'll end up still waiting at the end of the intermission.

Maybe there could be a discussion with the venue about increasing staff levels. "It's all their fault!"

Temme

jimmy snels said:
Did it help when the guy walked round with beers delivering?
How do you think I feel Jimmy, where I am in the arena i've got people CONSTANTLY standing all around me for the entire game, i paid good money for that season ticket and everybody just stands up! :lol: :lol: :lol:

jimmy snels

Temme said:
jimmy snels said:
Did it help when the guy walked round with beers delivering?
How do you think I feel Jimmy, where I am in the arena i've got people CONSTANTLY standing all around me for the entire game, i paid good money for that season ticket and everybody just stands up! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah I've noticed that too :lol: :lol: :lol: . I thought a few were sitting initially but found lots were below 6ft 4" (average height) & were just short :p