Congratulations Steelers

moggy#9

Thread starter #1
This hasn't been in doubt since some time in December. They have set the bar in terms of consistency, something that the devils have not gone anywhere near this season. We'll likely get another place in the continental cup though. Hopefully we'll have players who are up too the job. In the meantime it's on to the Micky mouse lottery that is the play offs. Hopefully someone (obviously ideally us) will stop there Steelers getting a grand slam.

E.D.S.

Quality team. One of the best teams I’ve seen in a long time.

They made that salary cap work really well!

Congratulations Steelers

BostonBart22

This hasn't been in doubt since some time in December. They have set the bar in terms of consistency, something that the devils have not gone anywhere near this season. We'll likely get another place in the continental cup though. Hopefully we'll have players who are up too the job. In the meantime it's on to the Micky mouse lottery that is the play offs. Hopefully someone (obviously ideally us) will stop there Steelers getting a grand slam.
Do we really want the continental cup ? Steelers refused it and obviously played less games, and hey ho won the league at a canter...and I firmly believe if they can keep that squad they got every chance of winning the chl comp.

Devil94

Is it right that the play off winners get the Conti? So if Steelers win it, the second place side would get it, or the losers of the play off final?
And yes if it offered to us we should absolutely take it. Highlight of any year we participate is European competitions.

moggy#9

Thread starter #7
Do we really want the continental cup ? Steelers refused it and obviously played less games, and hey ho won the league at a canter...and I firmly believe if they can keep that squad they got every chance of winning the chl comp.
Are you seriously suggesting that the Steelers winning the league was because they weren't in the continental cup, or that our inconsistency was because if it? Getting into European competition is the whole point of the domestic competitions as far as I'm concerned.

James

Administrator
Not too many less as they had the CC and we didn't. As for the CHL, they could perhaps make it past the group stage with some lucky bounces but they wouldn't get near the final.

rocketbob

Is it right that the play off winners get the Conti? So if Steelers win it, the second place side would get it, or the losers of the play off final?
And yes if it offered to us we should absolutely take it. Highlight of any year we participate is European competitions.
I thought that Guildford got offered the Conti Cup this year as the league runner up last season. It went to them and then to Sheffield before us as playoffs runner up (with Belfast already being in the CHL).

osh

Yes, deserved congratulations to Steelers. Easily the best team in the league this season, even though we were able to perform so well against them on occasions, which is hugely frustrating and proves how inconsistent we have been all season.