Congratulations Sam Smith

James

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Elite League Player of the Week
Ice Chips said:
Player of the Week now and we ask Welsh teenager Sam Smith to skate forward.

Smith is in his first EIHL season with his home town team and the 18 year old 6’3” forward is making an immediate impression.

The past week saw the youngster score 0+3 @ Newcastle and 0+2 v Sheffield and is a deserved winner of the award this week.
(doesn't appear to be on the main Elite site but is on the Vipers http://www.vipershockey.co.uk/news-849- ... tober.html )

James said:
Elite League Player of the Week
Ice Chips said:
Player of the Week now and we ask Welsh teenager Sam Smith to skate forward.

Smith is in his first EIHL season with his home town team and the 18 year old 6’3” forward is making an immediate impression.

The past week saw the youngster score 0+3 @ Newcastle and 0+2 v Sheffield and is a deserved winner of the award this week.
(doesn't appear to be on the main Elite site but is on the Vipers http://www.vipershockey.co.uk/news-849- ... tober.html )

Im not saying Sam doesnt deserve this, but surely this should of gone to Tyler?

James

Administrator
Thread starter #3
That would make it as predictable as our "Tylor Michel MoM" every week :) There were a number of hat-tricks over the weekend and I guess they are sharing the love.

Finny

Well done to Sam.

After a quiet few opening games, he has started to really, really impress me having covered for Voth and IMO deserves to keep his place on that 3rd line. Trying to not get carried away, but I'm hopeful we could well have the next big British thing here in Cardiff.

DevilDom

Finny said:
I'm hopeful we could well have the next big British thing here in Cardiff.
Which means he'll probably be moving elsewhere soon! :twisted:

Well done Sam - can't we try and keep this quiet for a few years at least though!

would like to admit that i wasone of his doubters at the start of the season which i think he started slowly but he is clicking with the right people on his line now.

Sam you are a better player than i thought

ASHIPP

Congratulations and welldone Sam. Our 2 British youngsters have done very well so far this season and there is no doubt they have earned their places on the senior team. Sam is playing alongside 2 hardworking and 'playmaking' players on his line and is obviously learning quickly from them. Great job to get recognised. :D