Come on you Giants

Ocko said:
If anyone hasn't listened yet, Gerad Adams' interview/meltdown can be heard here:

http://www.sheffieldsteelers.co.uk/audio-reaction-from-belfast-p195592

Worth a listen, don't remember many instances of this when he was a Devil. Whether he's shielding his players after a third straight loss I'm not sure, to me he sounds under pressure, but he doesn't cover himself in much glory here at all.
that interview sounded just like jose mouriniho and gary monk on motd "its a conspiracy!!" haha

DevilDom

Ocko said:
If anyone hasn't listened yet, Gerad Adams' interview/meltdown can be heard here:

Worth a listen, don't remember many instances of this when he was a Devil. Whether he's shielding his players after a third straight loss I'm not sure, to me he sounds under pressure, but he doesn't cover himself in much glory here at all.
G is either feeling the pressure or is deflecting the blame from his players.

Could be a very clever move though as it certainly puts the pressure on the refs for the tomorrow's game and I would put money on steelers having the better of the calls in game 2.

He is under pressure, Smith will probably put the team on 2 weeks notice if they loose tonight. That is now two games in a row he has blamed the ref's for his teams loss,maybe time to look in the mirror for all of them.

Martynwo

Looking at the highlights, and acknowledging that they are highlights, I didn't see anything untoward on calls and the goals Belfast scored could have been defended.
Having said that I think the squealers will win tonight at 2/1, seems a reasonable bet

jimmy snels

I watched highlights too and IMO westgarth did nudge the stick of the netminder for a goal but was it any worse than the Sheffield 1st?

G has the largest budget, lovely ice and no owner making ridiculous decisions. for me his brand of dump and chase, one dimentional hockey was always shown up by the giants at the BBT and now with better players in Sheffield it still happens. its the tactics not the ref's G you Big Gallar!

We had "Outside Influences" to thank for the win last night... :)

Hicks / Smith duo the majority of the Giants fans beside me thought he had a shocker as well. When you have two refs running the game they are going to call it differently, which leads to frustrations.

After the 1st period i was raging at the calls and none calls made by the refs.

KaneDevils

Yes, it makes you wonder, with G's poor tactics, unattractive style of play, lack of a plan B, poor recruiting etc, why did Sheffield, with their big budget, nice ice pad etc, even consider him for the job. I mean their having a terrible season aren't they?

;:|

Ocko

They aren't having a bad season - yet. But at the moment, they have seem to have been found out a bit. There is little scoring outside of their first line; shut them down you shut Sheffield down (G has also taken his PP with him too). No toughness or signs of a 'team' at all; highlighted when Bois took a beating and no one stepped in. They were sitting pretty at the top of the league but nowhere near the top of the conference, because they had hardly played any of the top teams. Now is the first time questions are being asked of Sheffield and they aren't finding answers.

jimmy snels

Ocko said:
They aren't having a bad season - yet. But at the moment, they have seem to have been found out a bit. There is little scoring outside of their first line; shut them down you shut Sheffield down (G has also taken his PP with him too). No toughness or signs of a 'team' at all; highlighted when Bois took a beating and no one stepped in. They were sitting pretty at the top of the league but nowhere near the top of the conference, because they had hardly played any of the top teams. Now is the first time questions are being asked of Sheffield and they aren't finding answers.

Spot on. Exactly what i think. I'd also add the bleeting about officials is actually more harmful because I'd be more inclined to give them even less as a ref as too show the critisism hadn't effected my calls. It also says "my players are doing fine we never play badly, all the refs fault and carry on losing lads"

KaneDevils

That's often human instinct though isn't it. You make a mistake must be somebody's else's fault. In sport how many times do coaches and managers blame the officials? Mourinho one of the world's best, only recently. Some call it whinging others call it mind games.
Sheffield are a top side and will be up there at the end. Not many win at the O in all fairness.

Ocko said:

No Devil left there now - 100% squealer!

Ocko

Looks like a fourth straight loss for the Steelers. They've also had a number of minor penalties, I wonder what will be said post game!?

IMO, G can't coach the big game. He's a choker. How many finals did we reach without victory? We were only ONE POINT from a league title in our world record year and still failed!. G is a one dimensional coach and that has been shown up by the (again IMO) far superior first year coach we have now. G's dismissal was badly handled but it was right and a bit too late. This year's coach & players inspire total confidence that we will win trophies, possibly this year but if not then imminently. Nothing to do with budget (Sheffield's is probably bigger), but more to do with skill in recruitment (have you ever seen a tighter group of guys than ours right now) and comradeship & leadership, which we have in bucketfuls. Sheffield won't win anything with G in charge. Sorry if ppl don't like that it he had Weller, Pelle & Matzka in the same team and won zip. Gimme lordo any day

KaneDevils

US not winning the league during the "Weller" season was nothing to do with G. And Steelers have already won something with him in charge.

How well would Lord of done under old regime?

It wasn't G's team and the work had been done by playoff final time. I honestly think we'd have won at least one trophy with Lord under the old regime, tools as they were, simply because he has a better grasp of the game. Again this is just my opinion as a fan

kettdevil1

martynh said:
It wasn't G's team and the work had been done by playoff final time. I honestly think we'd have won at least one trophy with Lord under the old regime, tools as they were, simply because he has a better grasp of the game. Again this is just my opinion as a fan
Fair enough as an opinion but I think you are being harsh on G. He inherited a group of Steelers who were drifting along and underperforming and won the Championship with them.

Easy to rewrite history but I still rate him highly as a coach.