Clan v Devils - League - 7th april 24 - FO 1700

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1
Final league game of the season...

Both teams lost their previous games, both teams probably looking/hoping for a win to help the playoff chances...

1712439769094.png

*League table taken Saturday 6th april*

ASHIPP

Clan now in 9th place tonight. Will throw everything at the Devils tomorrow night to keep their Playoff qualification alive.

Let's hope the Devils throw it all back at them, and a whole lot more besides. And no excuses about travelling, other teams have had to do that this weekend.

Devils86

So just to get it straight in my head (I started doing a round up of each possible result and what each team would need but it got far too complex and my head started hurting!):

Panthers v Storm (4pm) - Realistically Panthers have to win by any means, as a single point probably leaves it too close to call if Stars lose in regulation at Fife. Panthers need to hope Fife win in regulation and so do we. That would set up a PO QF v Steelers - script is writing itself at this point. If they beat the Orange in the QFs then give them the trophy!

Clan v Devils (5pm) - Who the hell knows. Will a PR rollocking wake up a side who forgot to tun up against the Blaze? No love lost with Clan this season (multiple spats and bites, and of course the CC knockout). Clan need 2 points as a single will mean that Stars could scrape through with an OT loss due to their better reg wins. Clan need favours from both Fife and Flames.

Fife v Stars (5:15pm) - Moving above the line, Stars had been 4-0 in the league series until tonight when they lost 6-2 at home. As a result of that win tonight Fife have guaranteed a PO spot due to their number of regulation wins. Clan could match their points if they beat us and Stars won in regulation tomorrow but would then only be tied on points and on maximum 11 reg wins v Flyers' 14. A point for Stars will be enough as long as Panthers don't repeat tonight's win at Storm. Sold out barn which is great for the league overall - we need the Scots teams to attract Scots fans.

Blaze v Flames (5..30pm) - A point for Blaze will mean they can't be caught by the Panthers, but a regulation win for Clan would put Blaze in a position of needing 2 points in a league series they currently trail 3-2 - so certainly doable, especially after the morale boosting shutout in South Wales tonight.

Thankfully we don't need to be glued to our phones and calculators tomorrow like many fans will be. My money is on a Panthers reg win; Stars reg win, Devils reg win and a Blaze OT loss. Leaving it as:

Stars (51)
Flyers (51) (POQF v Devils)
Blaze (51)
---------------
Panthers (50)
Clan (49)

ASHIPP

I am not confident whichever of those teams end up being our opponents.....we have had difficult rides against Clan Flyers, Blaze and Clan this year. Playoffs is a one-off short competition. Teams change their style and raise their skills for this one.

BostonBart22

I am not confident whichever of those teams end up being our opponents.....we have had difficult rides against Clan Flyers, Blaze and Clan this year. Playoffs is a one-off short competition. Teams change their style and raise their skills for this one.
After last night's embarrassing non event, don't fancy our chances of progressing , we will need at least a 3 goal lead going into 2nd leg v fife, Coventry, and clan, if it were dundee could fancy our chances with a 2 goal lead .