Clan v Devils - 15/03 @ 7:00pm - League - Chat/Updates

Chris

Administrator
Thread starter #1

We're hoping to run Match Night Live! for this game from the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

I *think* OJ is back for this game and is hosting, but that might change if i'm wrong. Whoever is hosting can be reached at matchnightlive@gmail.com

We're looking for a few more texters for this game anyway, so if anyone is heading up and can help out, please give me a shout via pm or text!

The clan don't seem to have a webcast available for this game, at least from what I can see on the website, but the game might be on Premier Sports?

Anyway, into the penultimate weekend of league games and it's getting awfully close between 6th and 9th. Whistle in the postgame interview after the win over the Blaze said we really need to be looking for 4 points from this weekend, so hopefully that happens!

Can confirm I arrived home in Cardiff this evening from the Carnival in Puerto de la Cruz.

As Chris said we are on the lookout for texters, if you can help or know someone who can please get in touch.

OJ

Ocko

I wonder if we'll move a D man up to the forwards with Smith back. We've seen Plumton, Batch and Richie all play there in the past few weeks. Personally I'd go take a punt on Richie, he's the best skater and best on the puck out of the three and will help out our transitional play in the neutral zone, which I think we are sometimes weak in that area. Too many times forwards cough up the puck in the middle third or just dump the puck. Richie has the ability to take the pass and carry the puck through.

DevilDom

Ocko said:
I wonder if we'll move a D man up to the forwards with Smith back. We've seen Plumton, Batch and Richie all play there in the past few weeks. Personally I'd go take a punt on Richie, he's the best skater and best on the puck out of the three and will help out our transitional play in the neutral zone, which I think we are sometimes weak in that area. Too many times forwards cough up the puck in the middle third or just dump the puck. Richie has the ability to take the pass and carry the puck through.
I think if anyone does it will be Batch as he has played as forward quite a lot before. I like the fact he adds size and a physical presence too and if needed he can drop the gloves without disrupting the D pairings.

The last time Richie was moved up to a forward (can't remember which team we were playing), I thought we looked vulnerable at the back. Id rather keep Richie on D, he's easily in the top 5 d men in the league in my opinion. Batch would be my choice to move up as well.

D

DevilSam

Despite advertising 1 elite league game every Saturday, premier sports is rubbish. The next is 22nd, then playoffs.

I think MNL is going to be the only option, not that I'm complaining, I find it quite entertaining.

Join me from around 6:15 as MNL brings you coverage of the Devils battle fopr points in Glasgow.

Coverage thanks again to our regular Clan reporters Julie Patterson and Chris Devlin.

OJ

Gazza272

oneill said:
David Simms said:
Interesting news out of Fife. The Giants start back up and rest two others.
Bigger picture is the C.C cup final and Play-offs. Nothing wrong with starting are back-up.

Nope no problem icing your back. Resting players though shows a lack of respect to the teams battling it out at the bottom.

Gazza272 said:
oneill said:
David Simms said:
Interesting news out of Fife. The Giants start back up and rest two others.
Bigger picture is the C.C cup final and Play-offs. Nothing wrong with starting are back-up.

Nope no problem icing your back. Resting players though shows a lack of respect to the teams battling it out at the bottom.
Higgins and Phillips could be carrying knocks, nothing official saying they are being rested, and besides these decisions will be made in the interests of Belfast Giants.

Gazza272

WheresWally said:
Higgins and Phillips could be carrying knocks, nothing official saying they are being rested, and besides these decisions will be made in the interests of Belfast Giants.
If they are fair enough.

If not then I don't like it. I also think it's a dangerous game to play. you can't just turn form on and off and I thought the Giants would have wanted to have kept the momentum up.

ASHIPP

Is Murphy carrying a knock as well? Would have thought this is a gifted opportunity for Fife to win this game. Giants have won short benched before...lets see if they turn round the current result up in Kircaldy...otherwise a convenient win for Flyers.