Clan part company with Trevor Hendrikx

kettdevil1

Suspect he won't be the last one..... no massive surprise, every time I have seen them this season they have looked slow, ill disciplined and completely lacking in any sense of cohesion. Big changes needed.

ASHIPP

Their replacement players are younger, faster but also less experienced than Jeff Ulmer and Hendrikx. Their fans are certainly happy with Hammond - some believe there are other players who should leave the club.
The PR on Hendo's departure does not actually state he has been released - who is to say he didn't make the decision himself to go? He didn't look happy there. With all the performance issues at the club, there are also rumours that Finnerty has lost the locker room.

d20

I think the biggest problem with the Clan is Finnerty ,I think his coaching is dreadful and in the last 3 years they have got worse year on year ,maybe they should look at replacing him first .

Rob Batch

I started watching ice-hockey a couple of years ago, when devils tv or icetime started the webcasts. The main attraction for me was the fights that seemed to happen almost every week. Trevor was immense and never turned down an opportunity to do battle. I felt that Josh learnt alot from Trevor, so he has a place in my heart. I am really disappointed how things turned out, for Trevor and his family, but I suppose this is the nature of pro-sport. I would love to see him back in Cardiff, but alot of water has gone under the bridge. All said and done, I wish him well !!

Johnnybravo1927

Really liked Hendrikx as a player and as a person. my son idolised him last season and he was always sure to take the time to talk my son and inspired him to start playing hockey. I really hope he lands on his feet. I suspect he will get a short term deal somewhere in the EIHL

JC23

After being away from Cardiff and Wales in general for a few years, the first thing I did when I got back, was head down to the BBT and see how the boys were doing.

Having played hockey in my younger years, and having been a bit of a tough style d-man myself, Hendo stood out for me straight away. I bought his jersey, and really enjoyed his play.

After a while, I started to really see the cracks, and eventually realised he needed to be upgraded upon.

That being said, I always enjoyed catching up with Trev, and having a beer after games and during downtime.

Sadly my view changed a lot during the past off season, and even more so during the first game with Breahead this year. Sad to see he's no longer at the Clan.

Best of luck Trevor.

Wannabe2

Great human being, lovely guy and a real team player, always stood up for his team mates, and would fight anyone. Wish my mate all the very best, along with his lovely young lady Laura, hope he gets a slot soon good pick up for some teams, fife maybe.

Jonesy83

Thread starter #14
First thing I said to my mate was I think he'd be a great fit for Storm. Wouldn't be surprised to see him follow Clarkson and play in the EPL tho.

Big fan of Hendo still. Sad for him and how it's turned out. A useful reminder that it never pays to leave home under a cloud...you may always need to go back...

terry hunt

Perhaps he could be a temporary cover for Louis and others carrying injuries.
At least he wouldnt stand by and watch his mates knocked about every week (the Tyson Marsh incident excepted)

Have Hope#35

Perhaps he could be a temporary cover for Louis and others carrying injuries.
At least he wouldnt stand by and watch his mates knocked about every week (the Tyson Marsh incident excepted)
No thanks... Culli is doing a better job than he would and we already have a spare! He's burnt his bridges with the Devils and definitely won't get the call whilst Lord is still coaching.