Check out this amazing intro

osh

Great vid, and nice to see the Canadian anthem sung and respected. Not like our own its sad to say. I'm always amazed when our anthem is played just how many folks continue to chat and laugh etc during the anthem, they just can't seem to respect it for the short time its played!!

I think a lot of people don't know the words.

It would be nice to have the words on the screen so that people could join in, but the correct words not the phonetic attempts from last season which sounded nothing like.

Clare

I keep getting told stories of how 90% of the fans used to sing loud and proud at the WNIR... yet in the Tent, there's barely any singing from where I'm stood.

RE the vid.. how awesome was the flash of fire, and then the trails of light to the skates as they were moving around!? Cool!!

Also, there seemed to be one guy stood really close to one of the pick up mics who was awfully out of tuna :lol: :cool: EDIT: I meant tune, but it was so funny, I left it in haha! I suppose he could have been out of tuna also? Who knows.

TheStub

Quick one for Paul Sullivan and the guys... lets have this ready to go before the next home game. :lol:

Personally I prefer the Flames one ;)

<Tongue firmly in cheek>

Are you paying for a few 6 figure projectors? :D :D

Plus it might be interesting seeing if the structure of the tent would take the weight.....

Otherwise, no probs!

Would love to know how they do the traces with the skaters though....

Cheers
Pete

TheStub

Pete the Sound said:
Would love to know how they do the traces with the skaters though...
<geek>
My guess is they use multiple infra-red light sources and detectors (like if you wanted to make yourself a minority report style computer wall). A computer then tags all moving objects in the Habs end and some fairly simply "ark" type computer generation software kicks in. It is all running through a tasty piece of graphics software on a very high end computer, so the extra work is probably no that much.
</geek>

Easy peasey... we'll take two ;)

It is mental the level they have taken it to. I wonder who first went "the ice is kinda like a big projection screen" - now that was the breakthrough moment ;)

I agree that it is a great intro and one of the best i have seen but there is still the topic of respect to national anthems during the american anthem there was constant booing which i find wrong in so many areas.

Agree about the anthem, did not like phonetic stuff but the correct words - give the non-Welsh speaking audience some credit.

Back to the intro - one thing we could do is wave the cloth, that looked good. Why not have a red cloth? Would look even better. :twisted:

wildthing74

I stayed up to watch those playoff games in the summer and I thought that intro was awesome then.Fair play it really fired up the crowd,not that you would expect to need that in the playoffs!