Cheaper Ticket Prices

Thread starter #1
Not sure if this has been previously mentioned and apologies if it has!

If they are cutting game prices in the New Year what do season ticket holders get? I believe this is a bit unfair,I appreciate you are trying to get more bums on seats but does anyone else feel cheated? Please not this is only a query not shooting anyone down before I am hung drawn and quarted!! ;)

TheStub

The new prices still make the ST a saving. All the other deals have made me consider if I should get a ST for next season.

What we all get, hopefully, is a club going forward.

Most people buy season tickets to save money... The club has to find a balance between offers to bring newbies in, and keeping the majority of STs happy. As a student STH, I am being particually hard hit, with tickets being offered at £6 EVERY GAME. Any email to Ragan about this matter are ignored from my experience. So I'll be waiting and seeing about next year.

As I said, occasional offers - very nice idea. But the club needs to be careful about annoying loyal fans and are walking a very tight line at the moment, and some ST deals or events would certainly help.

Scott said:
Most people buy season tickets to save money... The club has to find a balance between offers to bring newbies in, and keeping the majority of STs happy. As a student STH, I am being particually hard hit, with tickets being offered at £6 EVERY GAME. Any email to Ragan about this matter are ignored from my experience. So I'll be waiting and seeing about next year.

As I said, occasional offers - very nice idea. But the club needs to be careful about annoying loyal fans and are walking a very tight line at the moment, and some ST deals or events would certainly help.
Concession tickets are dropping to £10

Thread starter #5
To be honest always been st holder but will think before getting thee next one!!! I think like already said Loyal st holders shhould be thought of too.
Same as the Christmas card collection went to get mine and a friends nobody there no big deal but thought I would just say!!! :roll:

TheStub

Re: Re: Cheaper Ticket Prices

Angelic_Devil said:
Same as the Christmas card collection went to get mine and a friends nobody there no big deal but thought I would just say!!! :roll:
That did peeve me a little. By the time I got there in the second period break all the cards were gone. After refusing a blank card it was agreed signed cards would be available at the Fife game. Those cards were only signed by Brad.

It was a nice gesture, shame that it lacked the finish. My friend was quite upset that she missed out on a team signed card.

None of the cards were signed by the whole team. They were all signed by onr player with a message from them. A really nice idea, the fact they were just handed out (rather than checking names off a list) defeated the point a bit.

drainage

bluedevil said:
None of the cards were signed by the whole team. They were all signed by onr player with a message from them. A really nice idea, the fact they were just handed out (rather than checking names off a list) defeated the point a bit.
It annoys me when such stupid own goals are scored ...... I didn't even know about the cards until half way through the Flyers game and whilst it doesn't bother me about the card it does annoy me they try and treat the ST holders and fail because of bad planning ! They 1 know how many ST holders there are 2 know where they sit 3 have all contact info how can they fail to organise a simple card allocation??

When chasing Sept missing DD payments (not my fault they didnt set up paymnts in time) I was more than easy to track down !!

Seriously get some organisation you don't have to spend money on posting just use the info you have to hand ! I don't mind reduced tickets to get bums on seats I want the club to succeed but if you want to make an effort to single out ST holders do it in a way that works rather than inflames things

Well unless things improve for ST holders we will definitely not be renewing ours. All our ST friends have said the same. The club say times are tough etc but seem to forget that it's the same for fans, and if people can save money then they will do.

TheStub

Re: Re: Cheaper Ticket Prices

bluedevil said:
I stand corrected.

drainage said:
bluedevil said:
It annoys me when such stupid own goals are scored ...... I didn't even know about the cards until half way through the Flyers game and whilst it doesn't bother me about the card it does annoy me they try and treat the ST holders and fail because of bad planning ! They 1 know how many ST holders there are 2 know where they sit 3 have all contact info how can they fail to organise a simple card allocation??

When chasing Sept missing DD payments (not my fault they didnt set up paymnts in time) I was more than easy to track down !!

Seriously get some organisation you don't have to spend money on posting just use the info you have to hand ! I don't mind reduced tickets to get bums on seats I want the club to succeed but if you want to make an effort to single out ST holders do it in a way that works rather than inflames things
Exactly.

It was an opportunity missed, and if anything split the ST holders into haves and have nots.

Very simply, they should have been handed out at a league game at the ST door.

freddieb said:
Scott said:

Concession tickets are dropping to £10
From planet ice... you can get them £6 + booking fee from the Devils student site.

Thread starter #12

Well said nothing more to say only you they should think about the way they treat loyal st holders or they will see less next season by what I hear and see whats going on!!!!

Think they could be in for a shock next season unless they thrown in a few extras for ST Holders - I'm 99% sure at the moment my wife and I won't be renewing ours. We always miss a couple of games a season so with ticket reductions and the multiple deals from groupon etc, it would almost certainly work out cheaper not us not to be season ticket holders.

I had no idea about this Christmas card thing and I regularly check website / this forum!?

jimmy snels

on a more serious note im a season ticket holder and had no idea there were signed cards even being given out until now!! :shock: :shock: :shock: in my opinion it would be just as cheap and probs even easier to do something nice like this by using the contact info they have, and getting a player to ring us up just to say "we appreciate your support, merry xmas and happy new year :)

Wannabe2

Well the most important thing to me is that we still have a club to follow, and whats more a tidy team to watch. There has been a hell of a lot for the club to get its head around this past year, could things be better yes of course, could things be worse too friggin true they could, just ask Vipers fans. Season ticket holders are the backbone of any club, and the club know that of that i am sure and i also believe there will be ways that the club will somehow reward that loyalty, lets get the crucial things sorted first and they will only be sorted with our support, you me and all of us are needed big time at the moment, and its now that we have to be united and stick together. We all have a lot to look forward to believe me, we will have our new shiny home with tidy sightlines and a home to be proud of in the not too distant future, things on that front are moving well, lets just keep the faith guys that is what has brought us this far, and that is what will keep us going in the future.

Thread starter #16
Fair enough point taken but what most of us are saying is remember the rest of us who do support the club through thick and thin and take some time to get things right,ie the christmas cards some knew others nothing and when you go to collect nobody there come on that is poor as pointed out why couldnt somebody have handed them out at the st entrance??? Just saying dont want to be slated for saying this and I expect the meeting on the 9th is to tell us that planet ice are not building the new rink!! Forgive me if i'm wrong!

Season ticket money is vital for G to put together a competitive squad.We have three season tickets and will be renewing next season.Yes it would be cheaper to hold back and take up offers as they go along but thats not going to help the Devils much.I'd rather hand my money over early and get a half decent squad together.I expect the people who hold back their money will be the first to moan if we put out a side that struggles to compete.I understand in the current climate that some families will not be able to afford to renew and will get there when they can, and thats fine by me,just remember a season ticket entiltes you to a seat, nothing else.

We didn't renew this season due to living so far away and having a 6 month old but even when she is old enough I don't think we will.

The club may be feeling the pinch but so are their customers.

Wannabe2

fried egg said:
Season ticket money is vital for G to put together a competitive squad.We have three season tickets and will be renewing next season.Yes it would be cheaper to hold back and take up offers as they go along but thats not going to help the Devils much.I'd rather hand my money over early and get a half decent squad together.I expect the people who hold back their money will be the first to moan if we put out a side that struggles to compete.I understand in the current climate that some families will not be able to afford to renew and will get there when they can, and thats fine by me,just remember a season ticket entiltes you to a seat, nothing else.
Good post, poached, sorry scrambled, sorry hardboiled, sorry fried.

Wannabe2 said:
fried egg said:
Good post, poached, sorry scrambled, sorry hardboiled, sorry fried.
Stop egging him on :lol: