Chatting about West Wales ( and Swansea... )

Thread starter #22
OK guys, really dropped a clanger here and didn't make myself known to anyone last night; arriving late and being hung over and exhausted after a weekend partying in Bristol.

Did we make any progress?

Came late, unshowered, majorly tired; parked my car in a puddle so my left leg was covered in mud up to the knee and I was on my own. So this turned out to be the night I won the Shirt Off His Back raffle. :DWD

Still chuffed about that though. Capped a great weeked.

Thread starter #23
Gohabsgo said:
I'm usually a block 13 man. I'll double check my ticket to see where I am
Tried to PM you again but nothing but error messages! Grr.

Just to say sorry, I did write your seat number down but I left it in the house before hitting Bristol.

If you lingered for the presentations after the game, I was the one looking like raggedy Andy with an hangover on the carpet! Might make me easier to spot next time out!

WelshHabsFan said:
Gohabsgo said:
I'm usually a block 13 man. I'll double check my ticket to see where I am
Tried to PM you again but nothing but error messages! Grr.

Just to say sorry, I did write your seat number down but I left it in the house before hitting Bristol.

If you lingered for the presentations after the game, I was the one looking like raggedy Andy with an hangover on the carpet! Might make me easier to spot next time out!
Well done on winning the raffle!! Don't know why these error messages are happening on the PM's? (maybe someone could look into that?). Don't worry about not saying hello, as I was sat on my tod I was keeping a low profile anyway haha. I didn't hang around so I missed the presentations, I bolted as the fourth goal went in!

Thread starter #25
Ok... So not only did we both travel alone but we both sat by ourselves too. Mind you, I wasn't massively talkative! Madness.

We'll push the reset button then and try again next time.

Anyone else perpetrating a similar madness? No car is environmentally sound with only one passenger.

Sent from my wonderous toy using a program I downloaded for it.

WelshHabsFan said:
Ok... So not only did we both travel alone but we both sat by ourselves too. Mind you, I wasn't massively talkative! Madness.

We'll push the reset button then and try again next time.

Anyone else perpetrating a similar madness? No car is environmentally sound with only one passenger.

Yeah it is a bit daft. I can't make the next game (V Sheffield I believe) as I'm working late but you're quite welcome to have a lift up with me for the Cup Semi against Belfast if you fancy it. I'd actually save money by not having to buy my girlfriend a ticket as well as my own just to get someone to come along with me lol.

Thread starter #27
Don't stop your girlfriend from coming on my account!

I can't do the Sheffield game either but I can use flexi time to go in late on the Thursday following the Belfast game. That one is a must-attend fixture! Wednesday games are lame though.

I've just nabbed b12-rC-s22 if you've yet to buy, else we've a couple of weeks to decide where to meet etc! I don't mind driving; up to you if we share fuel costs or take turns.

Fancy Hull two days after?!?

WelshHabsFan said:
Don't stop your girlfriend from coming on my account!

I can't do the Sheffield game either but I can use flexi time to go in late on the Thursday following the Belfast game. That one is a must-attend fixture! Wednesday games are lame though.

I've just nabbed b12-rC-s22 if you've yet to buy, else we've a couple of weeks to decide where to meet etc! I don't mind driving; up to you if we share fuel costs or take turns.

Fancy Hull two days after?!?
My girlfriend enjoys the odd NHL game but she's not too fussed with the devils to be honest, she comes to keep me company but she'd be relieved not to have to come I think :) Plus she works in a bar in the evenings so can't make many games anyway.

Prob easier to take turns with the car I'd imagine. I can't make Hull as it's my one Saturday in four that I have to work, but I'll definitely be able to make the two games after that in early Feb.

I'll buy a Belfast ticket nearby you then as I've not got mine yet.

Thread starter #29
Groovy.

This does feel like having a private conversation very publicly though!

Can't wear my Kenton Smith jersey to Belfast as it's red out the rink; gutted!

Keep me posted...

TheStub

My girlfriend will watch NHL but really not that into the UK hockey.

My sister has just moved to Cardiff, so there will be two free seats in my car if anyone needs a lift.

Sounds like your girlfriend has the same attitude to hockey as mine Stub, likes the NHL but not too keen on the BBT ;)

If The Stub has two spare seats in the car for Belfast maybe we should all go up in a group and pay a contribution to his fuel costs rather rather than go up in a couple of cars (and help the environment and all that too). That's if you're sure you've got the room Gareth? It would be actually pretty good to meet you Stub as I've been speaking to you on twitter on and off for a good year now but never met!

WelshHabsFan - I've managed to bag the seat next to you so I won't have to sit on my own like a plonker at least!

Thread starter #32
My Missus quite likes the BBT but tries to distance herself from sport because she finds she always get let down if she gets emotionally involved! She's from Cork so it happens a lot...

Car share is good, I could meet yous in Ynystawe and we'll hammer out arrangements then. Where shall we meet? We need somewhere we can leave the other cars, too.

Nice one getting in by me GHG, be a change to sit by someone who can offer an opinion!

If it ends up just being the two of us going up welshhabsfan (my car can only cope with 2-3 passengers unfortunately), I'll drive and you can leave your car on my street in ynystawe, plenty of room.

TheStub

The Belfast game may be difficult as Clare wants to come. She likes to see at least every team once, and missed Belfast this season.

Almost every other game there are 2 empty seats in my car.

TheStub said:
The Belfast game may be difficult as Clare wants to come. She likes to see at least every team once, and missed Belfast this season.

Almost every other game there are 2 empty seats in my car.
That's no problem, I'll get in touch after Belfast.

Thread starter #36
Yeah, or I could just pick you up. My car can handle 4 easy; so if your Missus changes her mind... We can decide on the night of need be; you seem as non-committal as myself!

Plenty of time to decide yet. Did your man DevElz ever come back? Or GDraft?

WelshHabsFan said:
Yeah, or I could just pick you up. My car can handle 4 easy; so if your Missus changes her mind... We can decide on the night of need be; you seem as non-committal as myself!

Plenty of time to decide yet. Did your man DevElz ever come back? Or GDraft?

Ok, we'll decide closer to the time. No-one has got back about car sharing but if anyone else is reading that wants in, by all means!

I work all kinda of shifts and go to/from work to the games so most of the time I wouldn't be available to share. However, I will certainly keep it in mind for when I am off.
Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk