Chatting about West Wales ( and Swansea... )

Thread starter #1
Defo need to get on this then! Wishing everyone out West a superb Christmas, and we'll make a collective new year's resolution to send less fuel duty to the treasury!

Shall we start a new thread then?

Thread starter #2
Re: NHL coverage

And it goes without saying that I wish all fans everywhere a great Christmas, too.

Just want to be clear on that ;)

WelshHabsFan said:
Defo need to get on this then! Wishing everyone out West a superb Christmas, and we'll make a collective new year's resolution to send less fuel duty to the treasury!

Shall we start a new thread then?
Cheers, Merry Christmas to all. I'll drink to that resolution, the treasury get enough of my hard earned as it is!

So looks like I'm on my tod for the Panthers game. Any west walians need a lift? Prob fit 2-3 in my car if anyone's interested

TheStub

Re: Re: NHL coverage

Gohabsgo said:
So looks like I'm on my tod for the Panthers game. Any west walians need a lift? Prob fit 2-3 in my car if anyone's interested
If you're alone, I'm sure we can sneak you into our car.

Thread starter #6
NHL coverage

I was going to say something about that one. One of my bestest mates has his 30th in Bristol on the Saturday so I was going to catch the game on the way home. Defo a game I want to catch tho, the worst of any hangover should've blown over by then.

I intend to be there so if ye'd like to meet up to introduce ourselves? I'll be wearing one of my Devils jerseys and glasses. And probably... brown trousers. Maybe.

Sent from my wonderous toy using a program I downloaded for it.

Thread starter #7
NHL coverage

P.s. is it about time we started a new thread or changed the title of this one? We stopped talking about NHL coverage a fortnight ago, other Westies may be missing out.

Skippy

WelshHabsFan said:
P.s. is it about time we started a new thread or changed the title of this one? We stopped talking about NHL coverage a fortnight ago, other Westies may be missing out.

There you go all the West Wales chatter split off into its own Shiny thread.

And I didn't even call Swansea grim while I was doing it :mrgreen:

Re: Re: NHL coverage

TheStub said:
Gohabsgo said:
If you're alone, I'm sure we can sneak you into our car.
Very kind of you Gareth, may take you up on that offer as Im pretty sure I'm going to be on my own for this game.

WelshHabsFan - I'll pop over to say hello

Thread starter #10
GoHabsGo- Yes, do, or let me know where you are because I will be on my own! Can I have a rant about Bristol if you knock Swansea? Seeing as I'll be spending the weekend there and I loathe the place.

You can call Swansea grim today if you like Skippy- I'm about to go for a jog but I don't think the seafront is the place to be at the mo.

WelshHabsFan said:
GoHabsGo- Yes, do, or let me know where you are because I will be on my own! Can I have a rant about Bristol if you knock Swansea? Seeing as I'll be spending the weekend there and I loathe the place.

You can call Swansea grim today if you like Skippy- I'm about to go for a jog but I don't think the seafront is the place to be at the mo.

I'm usually a block 13 man. I'll double check my ticket to see where I am

Thread starter #12
Ok, cool. I normally like 11-13 depending on availability: I like to keep an eye on the line changes! Haven't booked a seat yet but will do tomorrow. I'll be in that general area though. Easy to get lost in the BBT!

Hiya,

I'm from Swansea, I am a season ticket holder and travel alone. I'm more than happy to car share to stop the government profitting from my enjoyment :)

DevElz said:
Hiya,

I'm from Swansea, I am a season ticket holder and travel alone. I'm more than happy to car share to stop the government profitting from my enjoyment :)
Hi, this is excellent, another Swansea/West Wales based Devils fan! It's getting to the stage where the Devils should really look into providing a bus from West Wales to games. Llanelli Scarlets run a bus from Brynamman-Ammanford to the stadium for fans and it works well, I'm sure the Devils could cover their costs on this one.

TheStub

Re: Re: Chatting about West Wales ( and Swansea... )

Gohabsgo said:
DevElz said:
Hiya,

Hi, this is excellent, another Swansea/West Wales based Devils fan! It's getting to the stage where the Devils should really look into providing a bus from West Wales to games. Llanelli Scarlets run a bus from Brynamman-Ammanford to the stadium for fans and it works well, I'm sure the Devils could cover their costs on this one.
I've wondered for a while about arranging one.

Re: Re: Chatting about West Wales ( and Swansea... )

TheStub said:
Gohabsgo said:
DevElz said:
Hiya,

I've wondered for a while about arranging one.
If you ever get the chance/time have a look into it, I'd imagine you would be one of the best people to assess the feasibility of it as you seem to know quite a few of the Devils fans based out West etc.

Thread starter #17
Happy new year from Ireland!

Fabbo, despite the negativity from STHs on that other thread, if we can make this work I'll be considering a season ticket next season.

Swansea maybe small but it can be a cow to get around. Where do we all live? I'm in St Thomas.

We could meet somewhere, say the Holiday Inn/Harvester/Esporta car park at J43 (where M4 meets Heads of the Valleys) and pile into a car from there? Worked for my Missus doing a postgrad in Cardiff, she used to meet someone from Brynmill and another from Crosshands there.

WelshHabsFan said:
Happy new year from Ireland!

Fabbo, despite the negativity from STHs on that other thread, if we can make this work I'll be considering a season ticket next season.

Swansea maybe small but it can be a cow to get around. Where do we all live? I'm in St Thomas.

We could meet somewhere, say the Holiday Inn/Harvester/Esporta car park at J43 (where M4 meets Heads of the Valleys) and pile into a car from there? Worked for my Missus doing a postgrad in Cardiff, she used to meet someone from Brynmill and another from Crosshands there.

I'm in Ynystawe just off the M4 so anything like that is fine.

TheStub

I'm a Turk, but lift share with a mate from Pontardawe. I meet her at Ynysforgan.

I'm off this week. May give a few firms a ring and see what a regular mini-bus would set us back.

I've been threatening to do it for a while. Looks like the demand may actually be there.

I'll start with a West company - they may be more condusive than two double trips for a Cardiff firm.

You may be better renting a mini bus? Although that requires someone to be Des and arrange driving license and be able to drive a mini bus etc.

The taxi firm may charge through the nose for having to wait in cardiff. He wouldn't return to swansea and go back.