Chants

ASHIPP

And nothing wrong with still playing 'Born in the USA' by Springsteen for any of our new American players like Scott(Matzka) and Jon(Pelle) when they score goals!

ASHIPP said:
And nothing wrong with still playing 'Born in the USA' by Springsteen for any of our new American players like Scott(Matzka) and Jon(Pelle) when they score goals!
And chanting USA, USA, USA :p it's not original but it does the job.

rocketbob

I am not sure why Born in the USA is used so much (I don't mean by the Devils specifically) as it is not exactly a pro-american song. If anything it us anti-american.

Before anyone has a go, I am just saying and not having a go at anyone for suggesting it or at the Devils for playing it.

American Boy worked quite well last year for Jay.

Thread starter #7
I like Coventrys way of announcing a goal

E.g - Announcer - Scored by number 15 Scott Matzka, thats Scott. crowd - MATZKA!

Gets the crowd involved and helps with newbies remembering names and numbers?

Thread starter #8
tune of kumbaya

He scores goals galore,
He scores goals,
He scores goals galore,
He scores goals,
He scores goals galore,
He scores goals,
Scott Matzka
He scores goals...

ASHIPP said:
I agree, Bruce Springsteen - Born in the USA is an epic song, builds hell of an atmosphere :)

ASHIPP

rocketbob said:
I am not sure why Born in the USA is used so much (I don't mean by the Devils specifically) as it is not exactly a pro-american song. If anything it us anti-american.

Before anyone has a go, I am just saying and not having a go at anyone for suggesting it or at the Devils for playing it.

American Boy worked quite well last year for Jay.
Rocket - 'American Boy' was a great song and would love to hear it again at the arena. I can see what you mean about 'Born in the USA' seeming a bit anti-American but......when Springsteen sings it, it evokes pride. He's pretty patriotic himself.

An idea i got from some ECHL games i attended last year, as i mentioned on here at the end of last season.

After a penalty has been served by the opposition team, the announcer usually says 'and insert team name return to full strength'

The crowd would then shout back 'And they still suck!'

Not quite a chant but i found it quite amusing and it seemed to work pretty well.

Usually happens enough during the course of a game to catch on quite quickly too :)

voth26

depending on how voth is playing there is always "brad voth is coming" usually after he's laid a few big hits just an idea hopefully it will be used quite a bit this season ;) ;)