Champions Hockey League - Changes for next Season

Gospel

Re: CHL

It'll be interesting to see how serious the UK clubs take this competition next season. Its an early start to the season so players would have to be here at least a month earlier than this season. The Panties struggled with that aspect this season as the 3 clubs in their group had had at least a months worth of training before hand & i think the eventual winners, who came from the Panties group, had had a full 6 weeks!

Teams here tend to have no more than 14 days to prepare to cut down on costs, with some players only arriving the day before or day of a game.

If the Clan qualify can you imagine what the current players they have would do if they were 5/6-0 down after 1st period! Full blown rioting.

Diafol

The CHL starts on 20th August.
I reckon our owners would "speculate to accumulate" and ensure Lordo was given the backing to adequately prepare the team for the competition if we qualify.

My main concern would be whether the new arena is ready by then.
What's the scheduled opening date ?

Have Hope#35

Diafol said:
The CHL starts on 20th August.
I reckon our owners would "speculate to accumulate" and ensure Lordo was given the backing to adequately prepare the team for the competition if we qualify.

My main concern would be whether the new arena is ready by then.
What's the scheduled opening date ?
About November at the moment isn't it? Didn't TK confirm an expected delay? It was June I believe...

Earnie

Our new rink is unlikely to be ready by then unless there is a huge burst of energy by the developers. Should we be involved I suppose we could play at the BBT?
Failing that could we play at a neutral venue - Coventry for example?

If we qualify play out of the BBT, people talk about the advantage it gives over other EIHL teams. Imagine how some of the biggest teams in Europe would feel about our grotty little rink!