Temme

So, 1 cup game left to play in our group

Pos-- ELITE ---- GP---- W--- L -- OTL-- SOL-- PTS
1 Sheffield-- 8-----6---- 1---- 0---- 1---- 13
2 Cardiff---- 7---- 5---- 2---- 0---- 0---- 10
3 Nottingham 8---- 4---- 4---- 0---- 0---- 8
4 Coventry-- 8---- 2---- 4---- 1---- 1---- 6
5 Hull------- 7---- 2---- 4---- 1---- 0---- 5

We play Hull at the start of January on a Saturday to finish off the CC...(We play Fife on the Sunday in the league @BBT).

Basically what the cup group says at the minute is that if for some mysterious reason Hull beat us, Coventry won't qualify for the next stage :lol:, i wonder if it will be an injury free game, little physicality with Hull pipping us at the post :lol: - Our CC position can't change regardless of the result, and we have the chance to knock Coventry out of the cup!

... Just a theory of course - play to win EVERY game please guys.

James

Administrator
We've qualified and the game has no bearing on our standing. We should at least give Will a chance to start in net, maybe give some ENL guys a run out. Play to win absolutely but take no risks, and I wouldn't cry if we lost and Cov got knocked out :D

Temme

James said:
We've qualified and the game has no bearing on our standing. We should at least give Will a chance to start in net, maybe give some ENL guys a run out. Play to win absolutely but take no risks, and I wouldn't cry if we lost and Cov got knocked out :D
Haha exactly this!

Sliput

James said:
No tears would be shed by me :D :D

wildthing74

I posted about this on Twitter last night and surprisingly nobody but my head off in Coventry. OUR club first and in a game where we cannot affect our finishing position I think we should be giving ganes to Will plus few of the younger ones and 2 way boys and if our good friends from Hull knock out even better friends from Coventry it's a bonus!

I can't wait for the game and it will be nice watching with nothing on it.Bet there will be a few Devils fans supporting the other team for once :lol:

Temme

wildthing74 said:
I posted about this on Twitter last night and surprisingly nobody but my head off in Coventry. OUR club first and in a game where we cannot affect our finishing position I think we should be giving ganes to Will plus few of the younger ones and 2 way boys and if our good friends from Hull knock out even better friends from Coventry it's a bonus!

I can't wait for the game and it will be nice watching with nothing on it.Bet there will be a few Devils fans supporting the other team for once :lol:
I agree totally mate, Will deserves the start and the brits deserve a chance to shine, it wouldn't be a shock if a few key players were rested!

Sheincar said:
Maybe Luke will actually get a game!
I'd imagine so, perfect game for those not quite a top 9 forward.

If the increase in import limits does happen next year it could actually be a good thing for our Brits. If we had one more import forward we could run 4 lines and ice CJ and Piggott regularly.

Temme said:
So, 1 cup game left to play in our group

Pos-- ELITE ---- GP---- W--- L -- OTL-- SOL-- PTS
1 Sheffield-- 8-----6---- 1---- 0---- 1---- 13
2 Cardiff---- 7---- 5---- 2---- 0---- 0---- 10
3 Nottingham 8---- 4---- 4---- 0---- 0---- 8
4 Coventry-- 8---- 2---- 4---- 1---- 1---- 6
5 Hull------- 7---- 2---- 4---- 1---- 0---- 5

We play Hull at the start of January on a Saturday to finish off the CC...(We play Fife on the Sunday in the league @BBT).

Basically what the cup group says at the minute is that if for some mysterious reason Hull beat us, Coventry won't qualify for the next stage :lol:, i wonder if it will be an injury free game, little physicality with Hull pipping us at the post :lol: - Our CC position can't change regardless of the result, and we have the chance to knock Coventry out of the cup!

... Just a theory of course - play to win EVERY game please guys.
Simple fact is the crap served up in coventry this year,blaze don't deserve to get through,relying on somebody else to advance is really pitiful,wouldn't blame kelman or Devils organisation in playing kids and a backup netminder.