Challenge Cup

Thread starter #1
Can someone remind me of the format of the challenge cup please?

We've played 4 out of the 8 games - and lost them all I think :( so are we bottom of the group? I'm guessing the games against Coventry this weekend are crutial?

Thanks

Gazza272

gandl said:
Can someone remind me of the format of the challenge cup please?

We've played 4 out of the 8 games - and lost them all I think :( so are we bottom of the group? I'm guessing the games against Coventry this weekend are crutial?

Thanks

We are currently 4th. Whcih is good as the format of the cup this year is the top 4 go through to a knock out round. If we beat Hull at home on November 1st I think we are garaunteed progression!

http://www.eliteleague.co.uk/stats/stat ... &groupId=2

We have won 1, lost 2, and had a pen shoot out loss so far. 4 out of the 5 teams will progress onto the quarter finals, so not all is lost just yet.

Finny

We beat the Panthers at home (in OT) whilst the defeat in Sheffield was on Pens.

According to the stats the league send out, we are actually 5th at the moment as we haven't won a game in regulation whilst Hull have. But we have two games in hand on Hull in 4th.

A win against Cov on the weekend and a regulation win against Hull should almost certainly put us through,

Gazza272

Finny said:
We beat the Panthers at home (in OT) whilst the defeat in Sheffield was on Pens.

According to the stats the league send out, we are actually 5th at the moment as we haven't won a game in regulation whilst Hull have. But we have two games in hand on Hull in 4th.

A win against Cov on the weekend and a regulation win against Hull should almost certainly put us through,
According to the league table in that link though we are 4th?

We are in 4th as have scored 3 points in 4 games whereas Hull have scored 3 points in 6 games putting them in 5th position.

We have a better points per game average than Hull, Devils 0.75 ppg, Hull 0.5 ppg

Sheffield & Coventry have the best results so far with a perfect 2 points per game average

Nottingham have 1.4 ppg