Challenge Cup Semis Dates?

ASHIPP

Thread starter #1
Wonder when these will be arranged for?

For Devils home game, only seem to be 2 weekend 'windows' in next 2 months -

Sun Jan 22nd
Sat Feb 18th

Finny

Utterly ridiculous that the 2nd leg also doubles as a league game.

Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid.

Do these people never learn?

You'd think with it being in the semi finals that doubling up the game shouldn't be allowed? Surely there is room to add an extra game in the schedule?
Ahhh well.

COME ON DEVILS!

I expect Belfast are not happy as they are not getting any extra revenue from having a separate cup game, at least the Devils get that.

Just makes you wonder why the league bother with these cup games when they can't treat them as such.

However, on the plus side, the Devils don't have the added cost of a trip to Belfast for a cup game seeing as they already have the league game scheduled.

cardiffdevil said:
I expect Belfast are not happy as they are not getting any extra revenue from having a separate cup game, at least the Devils get that.

Just makes you wonder why the league bother with these cup games when they can't treat them as such.

However, on the plus side, the Devils don't have the added cost of a trip to Belfast for a cup game seeing as they already have the league game scheduled.
Good point! Guess this scheduling is looking to be on our side then?
No matter what though, it'll be a tough two games.

I'm not a fan of doubling up games but at least the Devils don't incur any extra travel costs and we still get the extra (non season ticket) game to boost our bank balance.

Plus as its against Belfast we may get to see it on the internet. Maybe even at the Pilot? BecandSi?
I'll have to find something else to wear for 'red out' tho cant rock the santa suit again in Jan.

ASHIPP

Thread starter #14
The plus points of cost saving and less travel to Belfast (because the game doubles as league/CC) are important to the Club. The Devils also get the benefit of extra revenue for their CC home leg as a seperate fixture which the Giants don't.

Think G always prefers the 2nd leg as a home game, but it won't change the 1st leg result. The Team's top priority will be to score as many times as possible and they will know what they have to do. ;)

philrowlands31 said:
with the "hype" behind this game, you would think that they could put it on sky?????? or even a webcast??
I highly doubt it, look at all the hype we got with the Steelers game to get into the semi-finals and nothing was on TV

TheStub

And would we seriously want the Giants TV footage being the shop front of the EIHL? I've been watching the highlights show, and someone needs to send them some NHL game DVDs.

The zoom is nasty.