Challenge Cup Opponents

Tad-cu

Thread starter #1
Belfast failed to clinch a top two place in their group last night, though they have two games against Fife next weekend to get the two points they need. The standings on the EIHL website show Belfast above Dundee in their Cup group. Other sites have this the other way round, as the Stars have more wins in regulation and a better record head to head!
As things are at the moment, it is still possible that we could face Dundee, Belfast or even Fife. Two wins for Fife, one in overtime would need someone with the rule book and a calculator. However, if Two Point Tony gets involved, we might end up playing the Chicago Blackhawks or Accrington Stanley!

Have Hope#35

There is almost no doubt that Belfast will do everything they can to top the group... Surprised they didn't make sure of the win last night! They will want to play Manchester instead of us or Nottingham imho (although none are easy).

Devil_Abroad

Currently Dundee lie 3rd however Giants have to play Flyers twice. If Giants win the first then yes Stars it is I think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tad-cu

Thread starter #5
Dundee are third according to the Elite League website. I'm not sure how, as
Belfast are third on other sites. They both have four wins, Stars have three in regulation, Giants only two.