Challenge Cup jersey auction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why was the original photo, showing money being handed over sent to @theinfernocouk then? A 'joke' that wasn't explained to anyone outside of your group and your surprised at the reaction?

Its almost like this was done just to see how the fans who werent kept in the know reacted, and now your surprised that people weren't happy.

A

Anonymous

DevilsPete said:
Why was the original photo, showing money being handed over sent to @theinfernocouk then? A 'joke' that wasn't explained to anyone outside of your group and your surprised at the reaction?

Its almost like this was done just to see how the fans who werent kept in the know reacted, and now your surprised that people weren't happy.
Spot on!

wildthing74

Can't say I knew who it was tweeted to but did anybody really believe the club would do that,really? What would be the point of racking up to a pub and sell shirts that way knowing that there would be hardly anybody there to buy them?
Plus the fact those very shirts are needed this weekend should have made it obvious that it was a joke.

James

Administrator
Yes, because causing people to question the security of the clubs finances after the summer we had (and I heard that vocalised by a fair few at the game) is both big and clever. Face it, it was a weak joke at best and backfired on a number of levels.

zoesdevil

wildthing74 said:
Can't say I knew who it was tweeted to but did anybody really believe the club would do that,really? What would be the point of racking up to a pub and sell shirts that way knowing that there would be hardly anybody there to buy them?
Plus the fact those very shirts are needed this weekend should have made it obvious that it was a joke.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha blown out of all proportion!!!!

Plus 'game worns' have to be worn by the players before they are classed as 'game worns'!! Slight give away!! But perhaps this is why they were so cheap at the auction!! :lol: :lol: :roll:

I put these game worn Jersey collectors in the same class as trainspotters,pretty sad really, and the reaction on here sums them up.Bidding againsts Voths own father like they did last year was a disgrace if you ask me.

fried egg said:
I put these game worn Jersey collectors in the same class as trainspotters,pretty sad really, and the reaction on here sums them up.Bidding againsts Voths own father like they did last year was a disgrace if you ask me.

The plot thickens ?

steve

Ok thats a bit random.

I'm also not sure its fair to call jersey collectors and trainspotters sad - certainly not to generalise.

(i am neither a jersey collector or train spotter!)

fried egg said:

Just for the record i was the person who bid against Voth's father the Black Challenge Cup jersey. Why is this a disgrace?

If i am a jersey collector why am i not allowed to bid on a jersey just because the players father is bidding?

I did not know it was Voth's father who was bidding until a friend of mine sat at the table told me as they looked around when i was all ready on about a £400 bid.

Why is that sad that i want to big on a jersey i want for my collection?

I would like to know what your hobbies include? I could say your hobbies and interests are sad but at the end of the day its how you want to spend your time and this is how i like spending my time and money, On jerseys of players i like.

Your comments are ridiculous and just because a family member is bidding on there own son's? Nephews? Grandson's? Shirt means i am not allowed to place a bid? :lol:

Yes this was meant as a joke in the Pub some people think it went to far, so people think it has not and at the end of the day it was a joke so this should be end of discussion.

Ok just for the record my intrests include most sports but Rugby, Football,Boxing and Ice Hockey are the main ones.Your right it's up to you what you spend your money on but I find it sad people chose to pay way over the odds for a shirt just because someone they idolise has worn it.You must have been the only person in the room who didn't realise it was Voths father,the fact he was refered to as Mr Voth was a bit of a give away.You may think it's OK to bid up a Jersey against his own father like that, I dont.

Chris

Administrator
Out of interest, what has your dislike of people collecting jerseys got to do with the response to what happened last night?

Chris.

I wouldn't say I dislike people collecting Jersys,I just dont understand it.And I think it was a complete overeaction by some some people on here who took it hook line and sinker that the Jerseys had been sold.Demanding an explanation from the Club.Why would they have to justify it even if they had sold them?

James

Administrator
So was it posted deliberately to get a rise out of members of the fan base then? If not it was massively naive, if so it was pretty contemptable.

DevilDom

Talk about tearing ourselves to pieces over something and nothing! This thread has gone way over the top.

What jersey collectors have to do with it is beyond me, however they are a good source of revenue for the club so I can't understand why anyone would have a problem with it.

This was a JOKE. Some people found it amusing, some thought it was in bad taste as is the case with a lot of jokes. I think some people need to take a deep breath and find something a little bit more important to worry about!

fried egg said:
Ok just for the record my intrests include most sports but Rugby, Football,Boxing and Ice Hockey are the main ones.Your right it's up to you what you spend your money on but I find it sad people chose to pay way over the odds for a shirt just because someone they idolise has worn it.You must have been the only person in the room who didn't realise it was Voths father,the fact he was refered to as Mr Voth was a bit of a give away.You may think it's OK to bid up a Jersey against his own father like that, I dont.

Last time i post a reply to this as it is a total load of rubbish, the quote Mr Voth was mentioned but i thought that it was a joke which i did not look around straight away to have a look, i was sat in the front of the room and just wanted to bid on the shirt i wanted.

so your interests are the same as mine except i pay some of the money i earn to own a jersey of a player i like from my hockey team.

Just because it is a players father does not give them any more right than me to own a jersey. If that was the case, why has his father not bought any of his other jerseys? This was his first jersey that he has bought.

Like people have said this fact of me bidding on a jersey has nothing to do with what went on last night at the end of the day i bid and LOST for the matter but a players father has no more right than me to bid, simple.

Yes i paid over the odds for some of my jerseys but these are the jerseys i wanted and if i wanted them i was prepared to bid a little bit more,

At the end of the day, This thread is a little bit daft now so it should be locked, it never happened, a joke turned into something more and got people arguing and causing ridiculous comments, Lock this thread i say

Status
Not open for further replies.