Challenge Cup changes

Ocko

What a rubbish change to the CC. The motor point arena is an awful venue for something like that unless it's a Nottingham or Sheffield final. If it's any other team it will be considerably less than half full. If it's rotated through all the few venues then fair enough but I doubt it will. More money grabbing by the league and Smith. God forbid the teams in the final have the big payday from the gates in their relevant leg.

Ocko

Also worth noting the 'no other changes to any other EIHL formats'. What happened to the old format of 3 home and 3 against every team returning Devils management? Fools.

Ocko

Apologies for the third post in a row but does this now mean the ST are an even worse deal with a game less? So buying early will now save you absolute peanuts.

kettdevil1

Ocko said:
What a rubbish change to the CC. The motor point arena is an awful venue for something like that unless it's a Nottingham or Sheffield final. If it's any other team it will be considerably less than half full. If it's rotated through all the few venues then fair enough but I doubt it will. More money grabbing by the league and Smith. God forbid the teams in the final have the big payday from the gates in their relevant leg.
Not sure if I agree 100% with you. I don't like the House of Rust but the idea of a standalone final is a good one for me and Sheffield is pretty central..... The alternative (playing the final two legged in midweek) devalues the competition and if live TV can be arranged then hopefully it can become as much of an event as it was 10+ years ago. Sheffield is not ideal but not totally sure of an alternative that is as convenient for everyone.

The change I would have liked is to have it all done and dusted much earlier in the season.

DevilDom

I'm sure a Giants v Stars final would attract a huge crowd played in Sheffield :DWD

Yes Ocko, the ST is now an even worse deal now Ragan jumping the gun (again) has been exposed as no extra home game. Mind you, once he has pocketed as much money as possible from early sales I wouldn't be surprised if he buggered off and left someone else to deal with the crap he has again created.

Ocko

If it went back to the old format we'd have 3 games against 9 opposition - 27 games.

Current format 4 games against our conference (16) and 2 games against the other 5 in the northern conference (10 games) = season ticket of 26 league games.

mazza03

Ocko said:
If it went back to the old format we'd have 3 games against 9 opposition - 27 games.

Current format 4 games against our conference (16) and 2 games against the other 5 in the northern conference (10 games) = season ticket of 26 league games.
Where does it say the league games are changing? I missed that.

Have Hope#35

mazza03 said:
Ocko said:

It doesn't, they're staying as they are!

Ocko

mazza03 said:
Ocko said:

It doesn't. When the club released their initial PR they said the tickets were based on a 27 game season as the league were going back to the old system of playing ever team the same amount of times. They jumped the gun and nothing was agreed and the change hasn't gone ahead. So an already over priced ST based on 27 league games just got more expensive. So one game less and a couple of tickets that aren't even guaranteed. :DWD

jimmy snels

Ragan himself confirmed to me over email a few weeks back ST was for 33 games. I'm furrious to put it mildly that this is not the case :evil:

rolf

jimmy snels said:
Ragan himself confirmed to me over email a few weeks back ST was for 33 games. I'm furrious to put it mildly that this is not the case :evil:
And this is exactly how the militia got formed...............looks like another member has been born. :shock:

rolf said:
jimmy snels said:
And this is exactly how the militia got formed...............looks like another member has been born. :shock:

He has single handedly formed the Militia with his actions, but a statement blaming everybody else will surely be forthcoming

DevilDom

Earnie said:
I am sure all will be resolved amicably - not anything to make a fuss about really, but some can not resist a moan.
How do you propose the club will resolve this then to people who have already bought their season tickets?

Options:
1. Refund the proportion for 1 game (can't see that happening)
2. Offer a free ticket to another game (CC semi-final or playoff final maybe?)
3. Put their heads in the sand and pretend they did nothing wrong?

I'm going for option 3.

DevilDom

Sheincar said:
http://www.cardiffdevils.com/news/devils-news/season-ticket-coverage-change/
Yet another voucher!
But all games apart from friendlies are already covered on the ST therefore it doesn't leave many options does it!