Challenge Cup 2nd leg?

Thread starter #1
Is there a second leg for the Quarter final game? I though there was but nothing showing on the fixture lise? Anyone able to clarify this?

Flyers have just announced the second leg details and it will be in Kirkcaldy on Tuesday January 14th with a 7.30pm face off

drainage

Angelic_Devil said:
Apologies if I am on the wrong topic! Just wanted to know are the CC tickets included in ST or do we have to pay separate?
As far as I know separate but as am in Leicester and can't get home in time not researched it too much!

Finny

Sat: Belfast Away
Sun: Belfast Home
Tue: Fife Away
Thu: Nottingham Home

That's going to be a tough 4 games in 6 days.

DevilDom

I'm really not sure why we have agreed for the CC fixtures to be like this.

Firstly, surely as the higher ranked team (finsihing 2nd in our group) we should have the option to play the 2nd leg at home? I can see why in the past with back to back legs we have done this the other way around but really can't see why we have done it this way this time.

Secondly, having forefitted the advantage of the 2nd leg at home, why have we agreed to it being in the middle of an already busy group of fixtures? All this does is hand a further advantage to Fife as we will be coming off 2 tough games in Belfast with only a day break. I'm sure we won't travel to Fife until the day of the game so it puts a huge pressure on our already short bench.

The only thing I can possibly think of is that we wanted another home fixture as early as possible in January for Business / Cashflow purposes. However if that is the case it is a huge mistake in my opinion as I expect a very low crowd on Wednesday.

Maybe they have to get the quarter-final games done as soon as possible and we have no choice to schedule the games when we have done which happens to be in the middle of tough weekends as it is.
No way would the club double up as a league/challenge cup game, they wouldn't want to miss out on the money so I guess, mid week games during an already tough schedule timing is the only thing?

Wannabe2

helloimclaire said:
Maybe they have to get the quarter-final games done as soon as possible and we have no choice to schedule the games when we have done which happens to be in the middle of tough weekends as it is.
No way would the club double up as a league/challenge cup game, they wouldn't want to miss out on the money so I guess, mid week games during an already tough schedule timing is the only thing?
Think your spot on there.

DevilDom

Wannabe2 said:
helloimclaire said:
Think your spot on there.
Ok, but why not have the 2nd leg at home?