CC dates

wildthing74

I'm glad we will get these games out of the way early so if we do progress to the SF at least there will be 2 games less after the new year.We seemed to get bogged down with games the last 2 seasons in the run in and possibly lost league games we should have won.
I hope we can get through December though as that Manchester game on 23rd may be tougher now with potentially a tight 2nd leg only 2 nights before.That little 4 day off breather pre Christmas would have been handy.

Have Hope#35

I'm glad we will get these games out of the way early so if we do progress to the SF at least there will be 2 games less after the new year.We seemed to get bogged down with games the last 2 seasons in the run in and possibly lost league games we should have won.
I hope we can get through December though as that Manchester game on 23rd may be tougher now with potentially a tight 2nd leg only 2 nights before.That little 4 day off breather pre Christmas would have been handy.
I agree... When I saw the dates I was thinking we have to go up and play a solid 60mins at Dundee so we can bring back a decent lead to take some of the pressure off the Home leg. Here's hoping!

ASHIPP

These games would have to be played at some point - better before Christmas than after it.

The dates will have been agreed by the Clubs. And actually we have the least congested schedule 3/12/16- 1/1/17 than our immediate rivals:
Devils 10 games
Steelers 12 games
Giants 11 games
Panthers 11 games

In North America this schedule would be heaven! NHL/AHL teams play over 80 games a season - and it's not unheard of to play 6 games in 9 or 10 days.

What would we rather? Our team through to the Quaterfinal of the CC with 2 extra games to play....or not in the competition at all at this stage?

James

Administrator
I hadn't considered it before but I wonder if that's the way Todd works it. Belfast always used to be well ahead in games played on other teams and now we are. Maybe its a deliberate 'get as many games in early as possible when players aren't banged up from too many games' strategy he employs

wildthing74

I'm loving having played more games knowing our rivals will be playing more later in the year and especially the fact that we have played so many more on the road so we have a chance to have a good go at our rivals when we have our home stand at the end of November/start December.