Cardiff Vs Sheffield - Sat, 28, Sep - F/0 7:00pm - Chatter

Skippy

Thread starter #1

Saturday night see's the Devils in action agasint the Sheffield Steelers.

You can check out our preview ahead of this game here

You can also hear some fools chatting about this game and last weekends games on our webcast Into the Furnace here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk_JTxzQthY

We will be running the “ridiculously childish and disgustingly biased” Match Night Live service for this game, expect name calling, slurs and one eyed bias in epic proportions, at the usual location of http://www.the-inferno.co.uk/mnl

On Saturday we’ll be updating you live from the Inferno “News desk” at the rink thanks to the great guys at Analysis Technologies.

If you’d like to chip in with a comment or make a score prediction you can contact us at matchnightlive@gmail.com.

Also if you can't make it down on Saturday nd you don't want to miss any of the action and reading the game isn’t enough you can get the game with commentary from Brent Pope on Devils live TV here http://www.cardiffdevils.com/ for a jolly reasonable £8.

Martynwo

Re: Cardiff Vs Sheffield - Sat, 28, Sep - F/0 7:00pm - Chat

hoping for a turnaround tomorrow night with Dan the man back. I'll be cheering along with MNL from Tokyo

Skippy

Thread starter #4

Chris said:
If they can keep the same style of defence for this weekend that would be good :D
Lets hope they don't try something simple that everyone understands as opposed to whatever the hell they were doing last week :D

Tyke Devil

So Dave Simms doing the webcast commentary with Brent tomorrow.

Got to be worth £8.00 if you can't make it to the BBT.

Plus...keeps him away from the away bench during and after the game! ;)

mazza03

DevilDom said:
Chris said:
Highlights from the Panthers v Steelers game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FyLYmsC ... pp=desktop

If they can keep the same style of defence for this weekend that would be good :D
I like the bit at the end showing all the steelers fans leaving early! :lol:
A bit like the Devils so called fans that leave early when we are losing :eek:

Just checked his stats. 6 games, 4 goals + 4 assists. 8 points in 6 games. Seems to know how to play sensible while being physical too.

Here goes.
Home record Won 0 Lost 4- Goals for 10 goals against 20. We were promised this team were set up to be strong in our barn. Joke !!

Tactics of team Non existent- Dump and chase boring boring boring.

Powerplay- for god sake stand in front of netminder. All NHL teams do this why do we always play behind net.

Morrisette what does he offer- Quick? Gritty?? Skilled???

Phil Hill someone please tell me what he offers.

Defence- Pairings look ineffective.
Max is no D man
G well past his best as a D man and as a coach well and truly found out.

Steelers start with 2 D short plus top scorer. Lost a third D man Kohn early 1st period and Baldwin another d man in bin for over half the 3rd period. And we still cant win!!

Oh well only 26 more home games under season ticket to go, can it get any worse, Probably.

Regan must be very disappointed with the season so far, crowds will dwindle unless there is a huge improvement. Sorry Mr Regan but G is not the man to sort this out. Drastic action is needed.

Rant over

D

Deleted member 1337

davel said:
Here goes.
Home record Won 0 Lost 4- Goals for 10 goals against 20. We were promised this team were set up to be strong in our barn. Joke !!

Tactics of team Non existent- Dump and chase boring boring boring.

Powerplay- for god sake stand in front of netminder. All NHL teams do this why do we always play behind net.

Morrisette what does he offer- Quick? Gritty?? Skilled???

Phil Hill someone please tell me what he offers.

Defence- Pairings look ineffective.
Max is no D man
G well past his best as a D man and as a coach well and truly found out.

Steelers start with 2 D short plus top scorer. Lost a third D man Kohn early 1st period and Baldwin another d man in bin for over half the 3rd period. And we still cant win!!

Oh well only 26 more home games under season ticket to go, can it get any worse, Probably.

Regan must be very disappointed with the season so far, crowds will dwindle unless there is a huge improvement. Sorry Mr Regan but G is not the man to sort this out. Drastic action is needed.

Rant over
Not against any of this, but I think that G needs to go.
I also agree strongly with the bold

Well that was the most boring devils vs steelers game I've seen in the 5 years I've been watching hockey, the devils created a tonne of chances but either put them straight at Doyle or just couldn't get their stick on the puck (I think Doyle had a stormer unfortunately)

Hard to say where to go from here, we're playing 4 line hockey but it doesn't seem to be working the way I thought it would, I think all of next weeks training sessions should be just shooting practice

Sheincar

Apparently we had 47 shots on goal!! Couldn't hit a barn door from the inside!!!

Positives -

Batch, Jones and Ben consistently our best players. Full of energy and they make things happen.

Birbraer looked infinitely better when he was moved forward, he should stay there.

Dan Lacosta. Only two even strength goals given up, one of which (4th goal) was soft but he recovered well and made some impressive saves in the third period. First full game in many months for him, naturally rusty but he will get better. We've got a good 'un there.

Andrew Lord. Our best player, closely followed by our aforementioned Brits.

Negatives -

We are not a physical team, simple as that, which wouldn't be a problem if we were a skilled team, but we're not that either. We're much of nothing.

Hill is anonymous

Blight has been poor

Mark Smith has not been anywhere near as good as previous years

Steelers weren't really very good, which is worrying because they were better than us. Doyle was very impressive.

Morrissette. Not been much cop so far. Hasn't offered much of anything.

And yet again, we look impotent in an attacking sense on even strength, and don't look much better on the power play either.

In summary, there were positive signs in the third period, but that's not much of a positive when you're already 4-0 down.
I do fear that despite the career stats, we simply may not have a very good hockey team this year, but only time will tell of course.