Cardiff Vs Coventry - Sunday Feb 1 - 6:00pm - Chat/Updates

backrow

Re: Cardiff Vs Coventry - Sunday Feb 1 - 6:00pm - Chat/Updat

I would have like to have seen 4 of Cardiff's best defensive players on the ice in the last 30 to 40 seconds because of the comeback and because I really liked our chances in a Shootout.
I don't know how bad Myer's re-injury is but if Walton rumors about trip to Scotland are true it would be a great time to add another quality forward. This could be done, not as a replacement but as a re-enforcement and as a reward to the players for their play this season. We also may not know about other players who are playing right now with hidden injuries or illnesses.

DevilDom

Looked to me as though there are 1 or 2 carrying injuries and perhaps another 1 or 2 coasting or if we are being kind, very tired from the long trip back from Fife.

As others have already said, I'm pretty sure every goal Blaze scored came from a Devils mistake although some of these were forced. It was quite worrying though that for 54 minutes the game had the same feel about it as the Steelers game the week before - the opposition disrupting and hitting us on the break and we didn't appear to have an alternative plan. Our PP has gone off the boil too. Its definitely something for Lord to think about as opposition coaches have picked up on the fact we have some very offensive D men and want to entertain at home so they are prone to being caught out with the right game plan.

The other teams in our conference have all picked their game up again and are all carrying spare imports. It would be nice if we could too, but if its not affordable then we may just have accept that maintaining the level of performances were seeing up until 2 weeks ago is not going to be possible. There are no easy games in our conference.

Did Griffin come back after the Clarkson hit? The last thing we need now is a player banned for any length of time.

Ocko

Sheincar said:
Temme said:
Sheincar said:
From my perspective, I wouldn't have Marsh & Hendrix on same line. Both are prone to odd mistakes & having on same line is a disaster waiting to happen. Plus spread the big guys out. We also seem to have D who get way too far forward & are then caught out.
I don't think we do have Marsh & Hendrikx on the same line.

Marsh-Hudson
Hotham-Richardson
Batch-Hendrikx
Sorry but they were on the same line several times last night, hence my comment!
They did cross over a few times but it seemed as if Marsh and Hudson have been the two conceding most recently, and most through their own errors.

voth26

thought the new owners said if the team needs a player all todd has to do is ask, Todd and Lordo I think it's time to ask the question, without making excuses these guys look out on their feet. To be fair they have entertained us all season long thats a huge ask every game, up until the last few games

Wagstaff

Finny said:
For 55 minutes we looked like a team that had travelled back from Fife in the early hours of the morning whilst Coventry looked like a team that had had Saturday off. They worked hard, closed us down and tied us up off the puck with well organised interference that wasn't spotted by the referee.

However, once again every one of their goals came from a Cardiff mistake. They have very little creativity amongst their team (though new guy looked ok) and once we got our belief back they couldn't handle us. We had several chances to win it in regulation incredibly and then again in OT before another couple of daft mistakes led to their winner.

Looking at the Coventry players at the end they were obviously relieved to have won but I wonder if that 6 minute comeback might have hindered them even more psychologically with the CC Semi-Finals to come.
I think they will take heart from the fact that the last two visits to the BBT have been wins, the fact that they went 4-1 up is a massive improvement, soft goals or not, then after losing the momentum completely they still had the fight in them to go for the win shows that Weber has them believing in themselves and each other, we've not lost a penalty shootout this season so it would have been easy to hang in play safe and let Stewart do what he does best.

Jean

Could someone explain to me why Stewart was not penalised for abusing the goal judge after our first goal against Coventry? He continued to abuse her for several minutes. Unable to lip read but the expression on his face indicated he was not being polite! Surely he should have been off for abuse of an official.

Skippy

Thread starter #47

Jean said:
Could someone explain to me why Stewart was not penalised for abusing the goal judge after our first goal against Coventry? He continued to abuse her for several minutes. Unable to lip read but the expression on his face indicated he was not being polite! Surely he should have been off for abuse of an official.
I don't think anyone will be able to explain that one without shrugging and looking confused..

He lost the plot for a while there and that he didn't get a penalty even for it was very "odd" indeed

Ocko

Jean said:
To be honest what would've been the point? All he would've received would've been a 10 minute penalty that he wouldn't have even served anyway.

So now the team has played their Final game in the league series v Coventry, a few stats for those into this sort of thing:-

8 games played, won 6 lost 2, Devils had 13 different scorers in the games.

PPGF 7 from 44 Power plays
PPGA 4 from 38 Penalty kills
SHGF 4
SHGA 1

Total GF 38
Total GA 22

Bowns. Sog 210 GA 18 91.42%. 2.61gaa. 1 shut out
Ranby. Sog 16. GA 2. 87.50% 3.97gaa
Stewart Sog 252 GA. 36 85.71%. 3.78gaa
Will. Sog. 29. GA 4. 86.20%. 3.48gaa

Anyone else think it's quite ironic that Cardiff secured a place for Coventry in the CC quarter finals by beating Hull and now play them in the semis? Anyway, good luck for the games and the rest of the season.

Have Hope#35

Hungry Horace said:
So now the team has played their Final game in the league series v Coventry, a few stats for those into this sort of thing:-

8 games played, won 6 lost 2, Devils had 13 different scorers in the games.

PPGF 7 from 44 Power plays
PPGA 4 from 38 Penalty kills
SHGF 4
SHGA 1

Total GF 38
Total GA 22

Bowns. Sog 210 GA 18 91.42%. 2.61gaa. 1 shut out
Ranby. Sog 16. GA 2. 87.50% 3.97gaa
Stewart Sog 252 GA. 36 85.71%. 3.78gaa
Will. Sog. 29. GA 4. 86.20%. 3.48gaa

Anyone else think it's quite ironic that Cardiff secured a place for Coventry in the CC quarter finals by beating Hull and now play them in the semis? Anyway, good luck for the games and the rest of the season.
Interesting Stats... Regarding the Cup though, Win or Lose to Hull we would have expected to face Braehead as they still would have been the tougher opponents on paper... If we'd have lost to Hull we'd probably be playing Braehead in the Semi so who knows, we may have done ourselves a favour? We'll find out soon in what should be two close and competitive games!