Cardiff Fire in Semi Final playoff action this Sunday 6pm

Re: Cardiff Fire in Semi Final playoff action this Sunday 6p

Devil_Abroad said:
Any news?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fire through to the Finals. Game finished 4-4 (5-5 on Agg). Fire win on Penalties (2-1)

Well worth a Fiver. Not sure if it was the Referees first game as a Ref or just her first ever game! :?

Stone got thrown out after a particularly dubious call.

Decent crowd and a couple of ex-Devils having a watch.

Foxy

Is this for promotion or just a playoff series of games?

Enjoyable game to watch. Well worth the £5 as said elsewhere.
It's just a playoff series i believe. Could be wrong but i think promotion is already won through the league result?
Personally didn't think the referee actually called that bad a game. It looked very one sided but Fire were pretty indisciplined out there. A few soft calls admittedly especially for a playoff game but i didn't think she did that badly.
Peterborough looked a very impressive side. Well drilled & very dangerous on the PP. Cost themselves the game with that dangerous hit in the 3rd when they were already on pk.
Looking forward to following Fires progression next season.

pjj365

Ivydrive said:
It's just a playoff series i believe. Could be wrong but i think promotion is already won through the league result?
Personally didn't think the referee actually called that bad a game. It looked very one sided but Fire were pretty indisciplined out there. A few soft calls admittedly especially for a playoff game but i didn't think she did that badly.
Peterborough looked a very impressive side. Well drilled & very dangerous on the PP. Cost themselves the game with that dangerous hit in the 3rd when they were already on pk.
This was leg 2 of playoffs semi but can't find who their opponents are,where it will be or when

But in looking for this I noticed that Cardiff Devils are bottom of NIHL S1 and Fird srd top of NIHL S2 West

Is there promtion and relegation and will these members of our hockey famly be swapping leaguesL

Finny

pjj365 said:
This was leg 2 of playoffs semi but can't find who their opponents are,where it will be or when
According to a post on THF the Finals tie is this weekend:

Saturday: Cardiff Fire v Chelmsford Warriors
Sunday Chelmsford Warriors v Cardiff Fire

They play Chelmsford Warriors who like Fire lost only one league game this season.They have a couple of good wins over Peterborough Islanders this year but Basingstoke Buffalo who finished second to Fire this year have beat them 6-2 and drawn with them 2-2 .So it's fair to say this one could go either way. Someone on THF last night suggested if Chelmsford win they cant be promoted as the Chelmsford Chieftons are in NIHL S1 but that would prevent Fire getting promoted.Dont know if that is true or not.

pjj365

fried egg said:
They play Chelmsford Warriors who like Fire lost only one league game this season.They have a couple of good wins over Peterborough Islanders this year but Basingstoke Buffalo who finished second to Fire this year have beat them 6-2 and drawn with them 2-2 .So it's fair to say this one could go either way. Someone on THF last night suggested if Chelmsford win they cant be promoted as the Chelmsford Chieftons are in NIHL S1 but that would prevent Fire getting promoted.Dont know if that is true or not.
I'd heard something similar about Devils being in NIHL S1 preventing Fire from being promoted but it looks like Devils will be demoted so passing each other on the way!

pjj365 said:
fried egg said:
I'd heard something similar about Devils being in NIHL S1 preventing Fire from being promoted but it looks like Devils will be demoted so passing each other on the way![/quote]

I don't think that's right, Fire and Devils are not the same club.They may be sharing the same building but they are not the same organisation. I think the Chieftains and Warriors are. If Devils stayed up I think Devils and Fire would have become rivals out of the same rink.

drainage

Ivydrive said:
Have to disagree sorry I thought she was appalling ..... She very nearly ruined the outcome for Fire can't agree they were very indisciplined until tempers boiled over at her calls (not saying it's right but she ramped up frustration levels)

How a ref can go into OT call 2 penalties against them and have us 4 on 3 I don't know ! Not sure she noticed the issue fairly sure her attention was drawn to it

Equally how they didn't capitalise on the huge amount of power play they had is a mystery

There is now a thread on here for the Play off Final this weekend.

NIHL 2
South East League Winners Chelmsford Warriors through to Final after winning through again West Runners-up Basingstoke Buffalo.

South West League Winners Cardiff Fire through to Final after hard fought Semi Final with East Runners up Peterborough Islanders.

Two legged Final for possible promotion to NIHL 1 this weekend.
Sat. 23rd @IAW 6:30pm Cardiff Fire v Chelmsford Warriors
Sun. 24th @Riverside Essex 6:30pm Chelmsford Warriors v Cardiff Fire