Cardiff Fire IHC

wildthing74

With so many Cardiff born and ex Devils players it will be a good team to watch and that level they should be a force. Nice to see a load of guys that are clearly good mates helping a good hockey man out.No question a few of them boys could play at the higher level but really want to play for this group and coach.

Hopefully when Devils don't have a game they can get some good support.

Thread starter #25
Yeah just seen those signings also, two more former Elite League faces in Tim Burrows and Joe Myers. Nice team coming together there now.
Suppose it shows how much enjoying it and playing with friends can be a draw to some very talented players.

This team is looking awesome, with a balance of experience, talent, some young players getting the chance and even new names, Cudd has done a great job recruiting. This alone is why he is one of the best coaches in NIHL hockey. An with the list of players he has got to line up obviously has the respect there to. I cannot wait to watch this team play. Iv been looking forward to it for a while, but now with the last few days signings this is an added bonus. Exciting time indeed. #letsgofire

Its really great to see so many positive comments about the team. Many have picked up on the fact that a lot of these guys could be playing at higher levels but have chosen to show support towards both the players and coaching staff which I think goes to show the respect and appreciation they have for all the opportunities and commitment shown to them over the years.
I hope that the team manages to get the same level of support from all the hockey fans in Cardiff. If the response on the forum and social media is any reflection then I am sure we will see many supporters backing the team when we take to the Ice for our first home in Jan.
Thanks for your on going support and commitment to supporting hockey in Cardiff.

Ocko said:
Fire are going to walk the NIHL2 this year, they look stronger on paper than the NIHL1 Devils.
Got to agree on that one, watched NIHL 1 against london and they looked well off ,
Hart, sadler , Haslam were the only guys i can remember from the old enl 1 team
reading this post it seems the rest have joined the fire, will these guys go ? time will tell,
if results do not come , :?: , strange hockey times in cardiff , good luck to both teams
going forward but i have fears for NIHL 1 .

Looking forward to seeing how the Fire get on Sunday against what could be there biggest test Bristol, with a great start to the league with a win against Basingstoke, who are a very good team. Should be a good test for the guys in the fire squad. Good luck guys. Let's go Fire :RAWK

Finny

Is there a reason why there aren't any home games until January? I might have been tempted to go down this weekend as the Devils are away.

Sheincar

Finny said:
Is there a reason why there aren't any home games until January? I might have been tempted to go down this weekend as the Devils are away.
Don't know the reason for Fire but NIHL are home on Sunday at 7 to Bracknell.

Nrm

Finny said:
There is no ice time available in the tent. The team cannot even train together

Finny

Nrm said:
Finny said:
There is no ice time available in the tent. The team cannot even train together
Thanks.

Although I think I've lost track as to what teams we have in Cardiff now in the NIHL and which level they all play at?

Just to clear things up a little.

Cardiff Devils NIHL1 are playing at NIHL1 level
Cardiff Fire have entered the league as a new team and are therefore playing at NIHL2 this season.
As for training, it is correct, we do not get to train as a team on the ice due to various reasons which makes it difficult at the moment. We are trying to make the best of the situation and at the moment, the results are going our way so hopefully, when we actually get to have home ice in January we will be able to get some wins at home!!!

I have been watching these 2 teams as the season progresses, The division 1 team is not worth watching I regret to say, there new head coach is making some crazy calls which are costing them games, those decisions being made are not helping an already weak team. There are only a few players who are gonna stand out, but it's a team game and there not going to win games on there own. I can see them struggling all year picking up a point here and there when other teams don't play very well.
As for the division 2 team, for a team that's not training together yet that can only mean exciting times ahead, with 2 wins out of 2, and comfortably beating last years champions last week convincingly can only mean good things to come from this team. I'll be watching this side for sure,
:RAWK #letsgofire,