Cardiff Fire IHC

Thread starter #1
BIG SIGNING!
Luke Takel becomes the 8th signing of the season for the Cardiff Fire.
An excellent signing for the club, an established net minder between the pipes whose stats speak for themselves.

He joins recent impressive signing Jordan Powell who along with Luke iced at NIHL 1 level last season in Cardiff, they both join another impressive signing in Slovakian forward Robert Sedlak.

These three players join Alan Armour who tasted League and Play-off success at this level last season with his former club Bristol Pitbulls, also another established net minder in Mike Brabon who has vast experience at NIHL and EPL levels.

Also already signed are trio Ricky Deacon, Phil Manny and Ross Wilkinson who all played for London Raiders in the NIHL 1 last season.

Certainly a strong squad being assembled and with more exciting news to come in the next few weeks on some big names the season cant come quick enough :RAWK

I'm looking forward to seeing this side play. I can see Fire and NIHL 1 swapping places at the end of the season too. I just hope that what Cudds said about leaving what happened last season in the past cuts both ways; And we end up with two good standard teams for the juniors to filter into. Good luck to both...

Thread starter #3
Fire have added two more D men this morning in former Cardiff Devil Chris Deacon, along with Andrew Davies from the Cardiff Ice Hounds.

Both signings will bolster the "D" options for the Fire for the season ahead and are very welcome additions to the roster.

This takes the signings to 10 in total now with more "exciting" signing news to be announced over the next few weeks in the build up to the new season....watch this space :D

Thread starter #4
Cardiff Fire can announce their 11th signing of the summer in D-man Elis Sheppard, Ellis has signed from the NIHL Slough Jets and stands at 6’1 and weighs in almost 200lbs.

Ellis was part of the Slough Jets team that lifted the the NIHL 2 South East title before losing to Bristol Pitbulls in the play-offs Final.

Welcome Ellis! :)

Thread starter #5
Alex Madge becomes the 13th player to sign up to the Fire.
The 31 year old played 18 games in Division one last season and has spent the majority of his career in Cardiff.
Madge can play as a forward or "D" has good foot speed and is a great playmaker.

Al has played 81 games at National League level with a points tally of 49 (16+33)
As a promising junior player in Cardiff Al played 5 games for the Cardiff Devils in the the BNL league.

Welcome to Alex from all at the FIRE :D

If someone wants to start those thread I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem.

Whilst Fire aren't a Devils team I'm sure a number of fans have an interest in them.

bluedevil said:
If someone wants to start those thread I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem.

Whilst Fire aren't a Devils team I'm sure a number of fans have an interest in them.
Thanks.

I think one of the U12s has got a new stick...not sure that is worth a thread though!

Thread starter #9
Sorry if any offence has been caused and if posted in the wrong thread, I'm a Devils fan too.
Just literally copied and pasted news from the new teams social media as I know a number of Devils fans have supported Cudd's former team in the past and are interested once again?

I'll take on board the feedback and post in a seperate thread in future.

Good luck to all teams playing hockey out of Cardiff this season.

Chris

Administrator
StreetDevil said:
Sorry if any offence has been caused and if posted in the wrong thread, I'm a Devils fan too.
Just literally copied and pasted news from the new teams social media as I know a number of Devils fans have supported Cudd's former team in the past and are interested once again?

I'll take on board the feedback and post in a seperate thread in future.

Good luck to all teams playing hockey out of Cardiff this season.
Or just keep posting here because us mods don't particularly mind this thread going.

Even if the Fire aren't part of the Devils setup, we're not going to force posts to be made in a separate forum or whatnot.

So, as you were :)

I'm all for it I just know other threads got moved as not "Devils" - it's good to see Elis, Jordan and Spud etc getting mentions!

I agree - all Cardiff hockey news is relevant!!!

Thread starter #13
Just seen the team have announced another 4 new signings.

Gareth Dixon who is a familiar face but very experienced, plus 3 new younger players in Dan Self, Luke Dowling & Niall Shanahan.

Thread starter #14
I've just catching up with a bit of news today, I see the Fire have been busy again for those interested?
They added Jordan Baber, Damon Butler and Steve Newton yesterday.

But just seen a real big signing today they've announced former Cardiff Devil James Manson, wow.

I must say streetdevil your information is very encouraging for Cardiff hockey in general. True hockey fans will be excited by this, I myself am looking forward to seeing this team take the ice and hopefully seeing another Cardiff team do well, keep these updates coming as it is all good news, I would like to know the scores as you progress through the league. An to anyone who has nothing nice to say, you are not a true Cardiff hockey fan. So don't read them or if you do read them don't reply because you look silly. #letsgofire :RAWK

Sorry if this is a stupid question to ask, but new to the rest of the hockey teams in Cardiff - can folks go watch the Fire play? I can't seem to find much for them on the web, but am keen to see more ice hockey in Cardiff!

Nrm

Home games don't start until jan, but I'm driving down to basingstoke this Sunday and have 3 seats available if anyone is not going to devils game and wants to come

Thread starter #20
Manson & Stone join the Fire

Just seen on social media the Fire roster had been upped to 22.
Two big signings in former Cardiff Devils Elite League D-men James Manson & Jason Stone.

Certainly makes the roster even stronger.