Cardiff @ Fife - Saturday Jan 31 - 7:15pm - Chat/Updates

Harlan said:
For only the third game this season and the third game in a row, Flyers played with a full compliment of imports and having that extra body is beginning to show.

Tempo was set even before the puck dropped when Nickerson moved from D to the wing position at centre ice to be beside Clarkson and invite him to dance but Clarkson flatly refused so when the puck went into Devils defensive zone Nickerson mad a B line for Clarkson and gave him no option and that got the Flyers into a high speed, high intensity game with really slick passing that had Devils chasing shadows in the first period.

First Flyers goal was great work by Nickerson to stop the puck coming out of the Devils zone and because Devils were on the transition his pas found Lukacevic all alone in front and he first timed into the net but as is our want this season we gave Devils a really soft equaliser immediately and let them back into the game.

I thought there was interference on Regan for Devils second goal and by his reaction he obviously thought so too.

Flyers second was just Wands not giving up on the puck whilst the Devils did, come out of the corner and put it through the five hole and our winner was after a bullet of a first time shot from Lukacevic on the point, Bowns couldn't control the rebound and Reber swept it home.

I can see why Devils PP falters, every time the puck gets to Martin it slows down, he wants far too long on it before making a decision and that gives the D time to reset. However Flyers penalty kill has been excellent all season.

Overall not as good a game as our win over Giants last weekend but the better team on the night came away with the points.

Hope Culligan isn't out for too long
Nice to see a much better balanced view from a more respected Flyers Fan.

kettdevil1

Amazepux said:
Men v boys....the ref kept u init...the most one sided 3-2 win ive seen COYF
I don't think Fife played that badly ;)

Cracking game of hockey played in a good atmosphere. Hockey is always so much better in a barn such as Fife's rather than the sterile atmosphere of Sheffield or Nottingham.

Flyers were much improved from last time and Nickerson was outstanding from the first few seconds when he challenged Clarkson to the end. He did the Clarkson role, plonking himself in front of the NM on the PP to perfection and was a big reason why Fife won.

Two bad defensive mistakes contributed to the loss, when Fife are attacking with speed, as a D Man you cannot jump into the play without checking you have cover, we did that a number of times and got caught out for two of the goals.

We are just lacking a little bit of cohesion at the moment, I suspect that is inevitable after the run we have been having but it is frustrating. Too many players were trying to do too much, we need to relax a little more.

Bowns had a good game but full credit goes to Josh Batch for the best defensive play I have seen for years, a perfectly judged interception to foil a 2 on 0. Perfect.

Good to see Myers back playing, he was clearly not match fit but at he is a key part of the team, when he was off the ice we won very few face offs.... And his use of the official as a screen for. Haddad's goal was a superb bit of hockey sense.

Finally, it is always reassuring to see that some things never change, the officiating north of the border is consistently awful and was again last night. Not biased, but just totally random for both sides.

robbo2306 said:
Amazepux said:
Your both very bad losers IMO..believe.me it was a game Lord will be happy to lose 3-2..you were dominated from start to finish and didnt take the lifeline given to you by the ref a end of third. You need to learn that f you give out the stick and direct it at me then i'll give it back..im allowed to use Scots on here..heres one you may have heard of 'Getitrightupye'!
For such a great team, what's your record like against Sheffield amazepux??

Seem to remember a 6-1 and an 8-1 in there somewhere. 13 points behind the Clan too. Wow, such a great team.....

Another trophy less season for the Flyers, you must be so proud to be the whipping boys yet again.........
You really are a delusional....see if you grasp this...
Southampton wont win the Premiership due to the chasm in financial disparity..they will compete well against anyone on a one-off basis. Chelsea Man Utd and Man City have a great chance of winning it every season. When a team lke Flyers are fully fit and more than match the physicality of their opponents we are capable of besting them. As for Sheffield didnt they beat Devils 6-0 in Cardiff?

backrow

Great game summary by Harlan who I thought made two great points.

Our rushing D quite often put our team at a disadvantage by not moving the puck up ahead to open forwards. They freeze the forwards at the blueline and carry the puck into the offensive zone alone often leading to odd man rushes coming back against the Devils. If they would move the puck ahead to the open forward they could trail him for a drop pass and shot and still be in better defensive position. I know other forwards are supposed to fill in for rushing D but I can think of only 1 forward who does it automatically.

Also our power play has honestly not been effective lately. I agree with Harlan that the puck could move quicker on both units sometimes. However, I feel there are simply too many shots from the point that are high and wide trying for the perfect shot especially on 1 unit. I know the D want to avoid blocked shots but a good low shot on net can lead to deflections and rebounds if we have traffic in front of the net.

Amazepux your posts are absolutely pointless. What the hell you going on about football for?

Well done on beating us with your Full squad but dont come on here making excuses when we beat you because you miss 1 or 2 players...

you will never win anything or atleast not for another 5 years so stop being an arrogant stuck up little kid and post on your own forum.

Ocko

Our powerplay may've looked slow yesterday but I hope nothing changes, it has been and still is the best unit in the league.

jimmy snels

Ocko said:
Our powerplay may've looked slow yesterday but I hope nothing changes, it has been and still is the best unit in the league.
Pre xmas it was by a mile. I agree tho it's been far too slow since.

Finny

Amazepux said:
When a team lke Flyers are fully fit and more than match the physicality of their opponents we are capable of besting them.
When did Cardiff last have a fully fit team?

Sheincar said:
KaneDevils said:
KaneDevils said:
Good webcast.
Well done Fife, best team won!

Seems our arrogance is biting us on the arse right now. :idea:
Forgot to mention, the Steelers two new crappy Euro signings had another howler, 2 goals and an assist for the one, and another shutout for the other. He's now conceded 1 in three games!!
G's awful PP continues too, just the 4 PPG's from 7 PP's tonight.

:lol:
Didn't know USA was in Europe!!! His PP had to get better eventually!
No neither did I Shelia, seems KaneDevils needs to get his facts right before posting :DWD

Wagstaff

Kane's only quoting what was said at the time of the signing.....
jimmy snels said:
Euro players! Without franny maybe G is using brent popes phone book......
Followed by a lot of people rubbishing the signings!

backrow

Concerning the Cardiff power play, in the last 4 games it has not produced a PP goal in 15 chances and in the last 8 games it has produced 5 goals in 42 opportunities.

knowitall said:
Amazepux your posts are absolutely pointless. What the hell you going on about football for?

Well done on beating us with your Full squad but dont come on here making excuses when we beat you because you miss 1 or 2 players...

you will never win anything or atleast not for another 5 years so stop being an arrogant stuck up little kid and post on your own forum.
No..your not in charge of this forum are you?..Im 41 and you can give it out but you cant take it when your team get beat..its called huffy sore losing!..watched hockey over a 30yr period. You mustve seen more than me with the monicker 'knowitall'?..oh maybe your being ironic..is should be 'knowf...all!...
Haha..Dr please this guy needs an giggle muscle transplant!
:D

Where in my post am i a sore loser??
I infact said well done on beating us last night.
Just dont come on here moaning and making excuses when you lose. :)

KaneDevils

Just dont come on here moaning and making excuses when you lose.
Don't fans of all teams in all sports do that?

Kane's only quoting what was said at the time of the signing.....
jimmy snels wrote:
Euro players! Without franny maybe G is using brent popes phone book......

Followed by a lot of people rubbishing the signings!
Thats right mate, well spotted. Perhaps people should read the thread before being critical. :DWD