Cardiff @ Fife - Saturday Jan 31 - 7:15pm - Chat/Updates

Sheincar

KaneDevils said:
KaneDevils said:
Good webcast.
Well done Fife, best team won!

Seems our arrogance is biting us on the arse right now. :idea:
Forgot to mention, the Steelers two new crappy Euro signings had another howler, 2 goals and an assist for the one, and another shutout for the other. He's now conceded 1 in three games!!
G's awful PP continues too, just the 4 PPG's from 7 PP's tonight.

:lol:
Didn't know USA was in Europe!!! His PP had to get better eventually!

Ocko

KaneDevils said:
Neither did too bad against us either.

The same Dundee that we struggled to beat 5-4 at the tent and 1-3 away?
We didn't play a Dundee side without their best and most prolific player in Mitchell and most importantly just 12 players.

It's a shame you don't post this much after a win.

Sliput

KaneDevils said:
Ocko said:
KaneDevils said:

We didn't play a Dundee side without their best and most prolific player in Mitchell and most importantly just 12 players.

:WALLY
Ohhhhhhh , I see that you meant your arrogance !!

Ocko said:
I wouldn't say we have been arrogant at all. This team went through a purple patch and we were all rightly confident. We are in a slight slump but we are still up there with the best in the league. We lost tonight but I'm a lot happier as a Devils fan than a Flyer taking everything into account, I wouldn't bet on them making the play offs, yet we are in with a shout of a trophy. It's not arrogance it's the way the table and cups currently are. We've earnt our place as contenders.
You wouldnt bet on us making the playoffs!..stop using its bad for ye..we'll be challenging for 5th with our 'easier' run-in.

Think our title hopes are over and I'm going to stick my neck on the line and go for steelers to win it and us to finish 4th or 5th to play Giants in playoffs.

devils2001uk said:
KaneDevils said:
Good webcast.
Well done Fife, best team won!

Seems our arrogance is biting us on the arse right now. :idea:
Don't think we're arrogance , just very flat and lackluster
..and outthought..outplayed..outclassed..outfought by a 'weaker team'..bet your glad
We were 2 imports down previously else youd be well out of contention...a full strength Flyers team is easily a match.for anyteam in league..not even full strength to beat Panthers!..fair play to Bowns though

jimmy snels

Amazepux, show a bit of class in victory for gods sake and stop coming on here implying you don't have an easier run in due too the conference split because clearly playing dùndee and Edinburgh and hull is easier than belfast Sheffield and nottingham.

Also why do you feel the need too type in a ridiculous Scottish slang. We get it, YOUR SCOTTISH, but reading your posts is much like translating orc in the lord of the rings

Ocko

He's had that post ready all season, it's a generic gloating post. Unfortunately for him his team have been outclassed, outfought etc etc for the majority of the season. Hence why they are so far off. Sorry Amazepux that flyers team is not a match for anyone in the league, at this point in the season a league table doesn't lie, every team has played short at various points, you've not had it worse than any others. You predicted we'd be 9th remember, yet you're the team still battling for your play off place. You've won one game, a game that was pretty even for two and then we came back stronger in the third when down.

Finny

Ocko said:
KaneDevils said:

Does anyone really believe KaneDevils is an actual Devils fan?

Frustrating to lose but long trips up north and 'beyond The Wall' are always tough and every now and again you're going to get fluke results like this. I don't think any team has a 100% record in Scotland this year?

The Shopping Centre lost at home to Hull, so whilst you could say it was a missed opportunity we weren't really expecting to close the gap on them tonight.
Vital we get back to winning ways tonight though against a resurgent Blaze team.

Slartibartfast

As annoying as amazepux is I must concede that the Flyers did look a much stronger team than previously. They have some very mobile big guys and their passing is pretty good. It was the same mistakes that cost us the game. Unkind passes and poor defence. One of the Fife goals was due to two defencemen allowing the Fife forward to skate from the side and straight across the crease. What happened to taking the body or just flattening anyone who gets too near.

Your both very bad losers IMO..believe.me it was a game Lord will be happy to lose 3-2..you were dominated from start to finish and didnt take the lifeline given to you by the ref a end of third. You need to learn that f you give out the stick and direct it at me then i'll give it back..im allowed to use Scots on here..heres one you may have heard of 'Getitrightupye'!

Finny

Amazepux said:
Your both very bad losers IMO..believe.me it was a game Lord will be happy to lose 3-2..you were dominated from start to finish and didnt take the lifeline given to you by the ref a end of third. You need to learn that f you give out the stick and direct it at me then i'll give it back..im allowed to use Scots on here..heres one you may have heard of 'Getitrightupye'!
To be fair though, we don't have as much experience at losing as you do.

Finny said:
Amazepux said:
To be fair though, we don't have as much experience at losing as you do.
Thats certainly true so far this season...your team has punched well above its weight this season..of course it always depends on luck with recruitment and performance and quality of brits...if you remember last season Devils got it wrong. Flyers cannot compete consistently when short on imports due to injury/suspension...the test for Devils now is do they seek to freshen it up with one or two additions to try and keep pace with the top teams or do they settle for what theyve got and consolidate for a shot at the PO. Next season is very uncertain for the Devils with playing a new arena..the expectations will be even greater thus more pressure.

KaneDevils

Arrogance within the fan base. We can be as rude as he'll when we win but demand respect and class when teams beat us. Got to give AND take!

jimmy snels said:
Amazepux, show a bit of class in victory for gods sake and stop coming on here implying you don't have an easier run in due too the conference split because clearly playing dùndee and Edinburgh and hull is easier than belfast Sheffield and nottingham.

Also why do you feel the need too type in a ridiculous Scottish slang. We get it, YOUR SCOTTISH, but reading your posts is much like translating orc in the lord of the rings
We're still sore losers mind.

voth26

Ocko said:
I wouldn't say we have been arrogant at all. This team went through a purple patch and we were all rightly confident. We are in a slight slump but we are still up there with the best in the league. We lost tonight but I'm a lot happier as a Devils fan than a Flyer taking everything into account, I wouldn't bet on them making the play offs, yet we are in with a shout of a trophy. It's not arrogance it's the way the table and cups currently are. We've earnt our place as contenders.
+1

For only the third game this season and the third game in a row, Flyers played with a full compliment of imports and having that extra body is beginning to show.

Tempo was set even before the puck dropped when Nickerson moved from D to the wing position at centre ice to be beside Clarkson and invite him to dance but Clarkson flatly refused so when the puck went into Devils defensive zone Nickerson mad a B line for Clarkson and gave him no option and that got the Flyers into a high speed, high intensity game with really slick passing that had Devils chasing shadows in the first period.

First Flyers goal was great work by Nickerson to stop the puck coming out of the Devils zone and because Devils were on the transition his pas found Lukacevic all alone in front and he first timed into the net but as is our want this season we gave Devils a really soft equaliser immediately and let them back into the game.

I thought there was interference on Regan for Devils second goal and by his reaction he obviously thought so too.

Flyers second was just Wands not giving up on the puck whilst the Devils did, come out of the corner and put it through the five hole and our winner was after a bullet of a first time shot from Lukacevic on the point, Bowns couldn't control the rebound and Reber swept it home.

I can see why Devils PP falters, every time the puck gets to Martin it slows down, he wants far too long on it before making a decision and that gives the D time to reset. However Flyers penalty kill has been excellent all season.

Overall not as good a game as our win over Giants last weekend but the better team on the night came away with the points.

Hope Culligan isn't out for too long

Amazepux said:
For such a great team, what's your record like against Sheffield amazepux??

Seem to remember a 6-1 and an 8-1 in there somewhere. 13 points behind the Clan too. Wow, such a great team.....

Another trophy less season for the Flyers, you must be so proud to be the whipping boys yet again.........