Cardiff Devils vs Hull Stingrays - Sun 6pm - Chat/Updates

Ger-Devils

Just had this on twitter - The ice chips have finally settled in Cardiff where the PIM total reached 284 - full report later on official EIHL website

If G came out of the dressing room, having already received game for leaving the bench during an earlier fight, and gets a ban does that mean he can't coach either??

TheStub

Just got a text off Chris.

Apparently Voth and Knight have both received 2 match penalties for travesty of game. That is an automatic 2 match ban, and league investigation.

Brooke said:
If G came out of the dressing room, having already received game for leaving the bench during an earlier fight, and gets a ban does that mean he can't coach either??
Yep,during a game (if banned) he will not be allowed near the bench.

I wasnt at the game but IF...thats IF G and Brad got involved at the end and get bans.....they only have themselves to blame. G should have stayed in the dressing room and Brad knows he walks a very tight rope where things like this are concerned.

Please note...i said IF !!! they got involved

bigbaz said:
If G gets banned I imagine he'd be allowed to have no influence on match night ... bench or playing.
Thornton got banned last year for allegedly ;) striking Payette with his stick, he watched from the stands and then went into the locker room during the period breaks.

If Adams gets a ban then i'm sure he would be free to do the same.

Firstly, I wasn't at the game so am not in a position to comment on it. However I would just like to make a couple of general observations

In the heat of the moment things can happen that are bang out of order- however equally there can sometimes be an overreaction when these events happen. I would therefore only suggest that both teams sit down in the cold light of day and discuss the events and decide between them what course of action they would like to take. By the sounds of it the league will be placing bans independently for both sets of players, therefore I would hope neither team tries to pursue getting individual players banned (i.e. the way nottingham campaigned against kozak and sheffield against voth). A stick being thrown into the bench is certainly highly acceptable and does deserve a massive ban, however if it simply players trading punches-no matter how unsavoury-them I would only hope the bans would be proportionate to the actions incurred.

I really believe it’s in neither team’s interests to have major bans handed to either voth or knight or any other player unless absolutely essential. Voth in the past has been goaded by others teams and labelled, sometimes rightly and sometimes wrongly, as a thug. I therefore would only say to please bear this in mind when you say the same about Knight. Back to back games have no doubt not helped, but lets all try to keep our feet on the ground and think calmly before we start to call for heavy bans on individuals.

I have always admired Cardiff as a physical but skilful team and as a Hull fan I have always wanted a side similar to yours. Finally thank you for the updates on the inferno tonight. It really is much appreciated. Good luck to you guys for the rest of the season, I hope their is not too much bad feeling between the sides.

Adams was stood at the back of block 6 when it all started, he never left until all the fighting started off ice, but I didn't see him reach the benches.

TheStub

Sobering thought - Hull may have cost us quite dear. A nasty check may have put Smith out for a few weeks, and their down right dirty play may have resulted in Voth (and maybe Adams if the league take sanctions) being banned.

Two, maybe three imports down - and that is if the league don't pick anyone else out for punishment, or if no-one picked up an injury in the scuffle.

Welshy74

I think the comments about last nights game that we were bullied were well and truly answered tonight. Oh how the Hull games have changed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hockeyfan207 said:
Firstly, I wasn't at the game so am not in a position to comment on it. However I would just like to make a couple of general observations

In the heat of the moment things can happen that are bang out of order- however equally there can sometimes be an overreaction when these events happen. I would therefore only suggest that both teams sit down in the cold light of day and discuss the events and decide between them what course of action they would like to take. By the sounds of it the league will be placing bans independently for both sets of players, therefore I would hope neither team tries to pursue getting individual players banned (i.e. the way nottingham campaigned against kozak and sheffield against voth). A stick being thrown into the bench is certainly highly acceptable and does deserve a massive ban, however if it simply players trading punches-no matter how unsavoury-them I would only hope the bans would be proportionate to the actions incurred.

I really believe it’s in neither team’s interests to have major bans handed to either voth or knight or any other player unless absolutely essential. Voth in the past has been goaded by others teams and labelled, sometimes rightly and sometimes wrongly, as a thug. I therefore would only say to please bear this in mind when you say the same about Knight. Back to back games have no doubt not helped, but lets all try to keep our feet on the ground and think calmly before we start to call for heavy bans on individuals.

I have always admired Cardiff as a physical but skilful team and as a Hull fan I have always wanted a side similar to yours. Finally thank you for the updates on the inferno tonight. It really is much appreciated. Good luck to you guys for the rest of the season, I hope their is not too much bad feeling between the sides.
Fantastic post...but i think you meant to put unacceptable :lol:

TheStub

Well said Hockeyfan207.

And on that note, just heard that although Huppe may have thrown the first stick, lots of sticks were traded, and Devils wont be perusing that.

Yes, my phone has been going constantly all night, and I am starting to go a little mad/strange(er??) :lol:

Well it all started because of Knight jumping Michel who was just holding his head trying not to fight and even when he turtled to the floor Knight continued with load of punches straight to his head, which led to most of our players going mental, Voth got to him first, but it was more a pile on as a few more of our players joined in. Knight then skates over towards our bench with all our players trying to get him to come towards them squirting their water bottles at him.

Knight and Voth are both sent to the dressing room only for them to run towards each other behind the Devils benches and thats where the mayhem started with the fighting behind the benches.

Voth probably will get a ban as its the Elite League after all, but I would have been disappointed with Voth had he let Knight get away with his actions tonight. Completely unnecessary and cowardly. And Knight and Huppe should be looking at bans too if Voth gets one.

Good game though.

Twinkle said:
hockeyfan207 said:

Fantastic post...but i think you meant to put unacceptable :lol:
Well ... you hope he/she did :mrgreen: