Cardiff Devils v MK Lightning - Sat 30 Dec 2017 - League - FO 7pm - Chat/Updates

kettdevil1

Nickerson May be slow but Paris is even slower!! I’d take Nickerson over Paris in a heartbeat plus Nickerson is always game for a fight and he’s relatively tough. I’m not one to criticise players but I’ve been very disappointed with Paris. I’d drop Paris, have Lou on D and have Reddick as a forward.
Serious question. How many times have you watched Nickerson this Year? Genuinely amazed by this point.

RedDevil17

Serious question. How many times have you watched Nickerson this Year? Genuinely amazed by this point.
Paris is slow, he can barely skate, he makes poor passes and decisions and I’m always nervous when he’s on the puck. Nickerson is tough, a better passer and definitely a better skater. Can throw hits too...

kettdevil1

Paris is slow, he can barely skate, he makes poor passes and decisions and I’m always nervous when he’s on the puck. Nickerson is tough, a better passer and definitely a better skater. Can throw hits too...
Fair play, suspect we will agree to disagree but maybe we could set them against each other in a race to see who is faster.... we could make it an alternative period break entertainment?

Slartibartfast

Wow 13 games without a loss and I feel utterly depressed after reading this thread. God knows what its going to be like when we lose a game. No wonder the owners don't come on here anymore. So just to inject some positivity (so Glynne doesn't feel all alone) here are my thoughts.
This was a great game. MK are a good team and in short bursts they were able to dominate but the Devils were able to soak it up and then dominate the O zone for most of the game. I said a couple of weeks ago that even though we were winning I thought there was better to come. Thats what we are now seeing. The passing, the set plays, the forechecking, the line chemistry, even the physicality has all improved. This is some of the prettiest hockey I have seen. Look at how Myers set up Farynas goal. How slick was that?
Look at some of the moves that Joey Martin pulled. Look at how Bentis knocked Nickerson of the puck to set up a goal.
Joey Haddad is on fire.
Fournier is on fire and trying to win goal of the year.
Asselin is back on form.
Reddick is playing well
Ulmer is banging in the goals again.
Morrisette is blocking everything and scoring again.
Faryna is showing why Dundee fans loved him.
There is just so much to be positive about at the moment. I really don't understand all the negativity. I have been on the inferno since the season it started and I have never seen it this negative and we are top of the league.
Is that what winning trophies does to a fanbase.?

Devil_Abroad

Paris is just going through a bad bit of form. He started off the year well he's just not at his best. It'll come back. But at the same time Louis hasn't shown anything since coming back from injury either. He has a simple job on that line but Piggsy is showing more IMO.

I like Louis but he isn't a 'premium EIHL defensemen' for me. 1 point all year v Paris 14 points, you just don't replace a player with 14 points with someone with 1. Fournier is also showing his best ever form for us, changing his D partner might not be the best idea.
From the very first game I saw Paris play my view has not changed.

His skating ability is poor and he’s therefore slow and caught out of position countless times every game. His defensive knowledge of the game seems poor which is why he pinches in far too often, at the wrong times, and regularly misses out on the puck which leads to odd man rushes. I’ve seen him throw one quality check and for a big defence-man that’s extremely poor. We’re told he has an awesome powerful shot but unless he hits the target at least 25% of the time I’m not sure that’s enough to warrant his place on D ahead of Louis. Now that he isn’t spending time on the PP opposition defences are more cautious as they don;t think we’re spending 2 mins trying to set up the shot which means our PP is far better.

I don’t understand what value he brings to a team that’s now beginning to purr a few short weeks earlier than last season; long may that continue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow 13 games without a loss and I feel utterly depressed after reading this thread. God knows what its going to be like when we lose a game. No wonder the owners don't come on here anymore. So just to inject some positivity (so Glynne doesn't feel all alone) here are my thoughts.
This was a great game. MK are a good team and in short bursts they were able to dominate but the Devils were able to soak it up and then dominate the O zone for most of the game. I said a couple of weeks ago that even though we were winning I thought there was better to come. Thats what we are now seeing. The passing, the set plays, the forechecking, the line chemistry, even the physicality has all improved. This is some of the prettiest hockey I have seen. Look at how Myers set up Farynas goal. How slick was that?
Look at some of the moves that Joey Martin pulled. Look at how Bentis knocked Nickerson of the puck to set up a goal.
Joey Haddad is on fire.
Asselin is back on form.
Reddick is playing well
There is just so much to be positive about at the moment. I really don't understand all the negativity. I have been on the inferno since the season it started and I have never seen it this negative and we are top of the league.
I think it’s time people stopped complaining about people’s opinions.

If your happy with the teams performance, great, write about it, add as much praise as you want, shout it from the beacons, run naked through St. Mary’s street.

Just stop moaning if some don’t agree with you FFS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kipper

Were we ever told louis was injured?? I might have missed it but we had updates on haddad moore etc recently but not one on louis i seen.

I thought we dominated last night and if not for a couple of really weak plays scoreline would be a bigger difference! Mom for me hotham again!
Lou was definitely injured

jenks33

Joey Haddad is on fire.
Asselin is back on form.
Reddick is playing well
To be fair 99% of the negativity is about one player. I think the vast majority of fans are very happy with the team at the moment. We’re playing some great hockey. And it’s a forum for people to express their opinions, whether popular or unpopular. It would be pretty boring if everybody came on here and harped on about how amazing we are

jimmy snels

I get where reddevil is coming from to a point, although i was actually disappointed with nickersons lack of antics last night, i think he's been a character to watch in the past but seemed a tad disinterested.
I like a pantomime villain to play against us, gives me and others something to boo and shout about as weird as that may sound. Gets the crowd going and makes it entertaining.

Slartibartfast

To be fair 99% of the negativity is about one player. I think the vast majority of fans are very happy with the team at the moment. We’re playing some great hockey. And it’s a forum for people to express their opinions, whether popular or unpopular. It would be pretty boring if everybody came on here and harped on about how amazing we are
It seems its the turn of Paris on this thread but several players, the coach, the league, the building have been the focus of negativity on other threads. I really feel for the players who have been assassinated on this forum. You say it would be boring if everyone harped on about how amazing we are. Try it. You might find you like it. Maybe make it a new years resolution.

jenks33

It seems its the turn of Paris on this thread but several players, the coach, the league, the building have been the focus of negativity on other threads. I really feel for the players who have been assassinated on this forum. You say it would be boring if everyone harped on about how amazing we are. Try it. You might find you like it. Maybe make it a New Years resolution.
You’ve seen other players being criticised recently? To be honest I’ve only seen Paris being criticised of late. Still maintain that it’s healthy to have varied opinions (even if we are top of the league) so we’ll agree to disagree on that one

Rich Best

This disgusts me. People have very short memories. Keep your negative opinions to yourselves or at the very least try to be more constructive.

Happy to be top of the league and love the way this team have slowly but surely exerted dominance on this years league.

Thank you devils for the great entertainment, loving the skill level this year. Long may it continue, but as always in sport the time will come when we are not the team to beat. I am going to enjoy every second of this period where we are the ones!

august04

This is a fan forum for goodness sake, not the Cardiff Devils cheerleaders society. We all have different opinions and should be allowed to express them. I can’t stand some of the mindless rose tinted specs stuff but realise that we're all different and accept them as just that.This forum is very mild in its criticism of the subject matter compared to most sports teams forums I’ve come across, many of which can be severely vitriolic! That’s the nature of forums in general in my experience. For those who are “disgusted” by the comments, there’s a simple solution - use the ignore button on particular users or don’t read the forum. Or just accept that some people have a different opinion to you and get on with it. And if players/owners read this forum expecting it all to be sunshine and roses, well they’re not being realistic.

Rich Best

You carry on seeing the glass half empty, I'll carry on seeing it almost brimming over the top it's Soo full. Love this team, and every single player plays their part in that.

Rich Best

Just imagine for one second that the management listened to some of the people on here. We wouldn't have hotham, Fournier, ulmer, benti - the list just goes on. Utter madness!