Cardiff Devils v Manchester Phoenix - 11/03 - Chat/Updates

Russky

Much improved performance! We looked sharp and fought for the puck all game! I fear that we may pay for last nights exertions tonight! We played high tempo hockey for most of the gane and it may catch up with thr guys later on in the game tonight!

Koop11 said:
In honesty, I’m not sure Manchester came to desperately win as their priorities rightly so are the two cup finals. They did not want to play a bruising game in our rink. Likewise we have a ridiculous scheduled at the moment and I’m sure the players welcomed a low intensity game. The irony is, if Manchester did want to go up a gear in the physical department then we would have easily taken them as that would have suited are game far more than theirs.
That's pretty much it. Fifth place isn't that big a deal anymore, the only necessity (and it's a huge one) is to avoid Belfast and if that means finishing in 6th then that's what we'll do, and staying healthy for our cup finals.

Much improved performance last night, hoping for the same tonight.
My MOM was Jay, geez he doesn't stop working and his stick control is as good
as I've seen

I was stood adjacent to the pheonix bench and witnessed Hand's abuse towards Hicks,
all that for not giving him an assist on our 3rd goal :lol: which was a goal as the puck
clearly crossed the line.
When he left the ice he stood behind the bench and Hicks told him to move to the dressing
room, it was then that Cloutier asked Hand if he could dance, "not tonight" was the reply.

I missed the games at the weekend as I was away so I went last night with my usual expectations. Thought the guys had a good game - nice to see them stay out of the bin! The atmosphere was a little flat in the first period but picked up towards the end. Hope they can keep it going tonight!!

ASHIPP

At this point in the season, it don't matter if the Devils were neither creative or totally inspiring last night. They needed a win, they did it and without giving away silly penalties or allowing the opposition to score too many goals. :cool:
Tony Hand had virtually said in a recent interview that the Phoenix were saving themselves for their cup matches - with all their League wins they've had recently, they seem to be going for everything! :D
Great job, Devils yesterday - let's hope they have the stamina/game plan to do it all over again. We need this win more than the Phoenix - hope the Devils think the same.