Cardiff Devils v Hull Stingrays - MNL

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilDom

Couldn't make the game. A real shame to hear about the booing of Ashley Williams though. Doesn't put Devils fans in a very good light at all. We have and need support from all over South Wales so football rivalry should be kept away.

CardiffdevilsCaswell said:
Awesome game, very physical and fun to watch. Small gripe with the defense, way too many breakouts by Stingrays and it cost us the 1st goal. Also to the guy who angrily told me to "sit down" when returning to my seat, I was as quick as I possibly could have been during the break in play! I'll work on my 100m sprint between now and the next game!
Glad you enjoyed the game, I'm sure we will be in for something equally thrilling tonight.

I agree it can be difficult to get back to your seat during a short break in play, particularly if you are sitting in the middle of a row, or far from the entrance steps like I am in Block 2. If play has restarted I tend to squat on the steps nearer to my seat and wait for a second break to finish.

This is considerate of my fellow fans, who after all have paid to watch the game and not my head, but is also safer as I can still keep my eye on the puck. :D

mazza03

Red Red Raz said:
Awesome game, very physical and fun to watch. Small gripe with the defense, way too many breakouts by Stingrays and it cost us the 1st goal. Also to the guy who angrily told me to "sit down" when returning to my seat, I was as quick as I possibly could have been during the break in play! I'll work on my 100m sprint between now and the next game!
Glad you enjoyed the game, I'm sure we will be in for something equally thrilling tonight.

I agree it can be difficult to get back to your seat during a short break in play, particularly if you are sitting in the middle of a row, or far from the entrance steps like I am in Block 2. If play has restarted I tend to squat on the steps nearer to my seat and wait for a second break to finish.

This is considerate of my fellow fans, who after all have paid to watch the game and not my head, but is also safer as I can still keep my eye on the puck. :D
Why people can't wait for period breaks is beyond me unless it's a child. :eek:

Good point Raz, I didn't think to wait on the steps. This was after a period break also, but after a quick cig and after waiting in line for a beer I missed faceoff. I'm not the type to go wandering mid game lol. He seemed a bit of a miserable old fart.

ASHIPP

Devils got an opportunity to win the game through very unusual set of circumstances.

Chances like that require players with certain skills. Anyone questioning why Jake Morrisette was re-signed should think again. We are seeing Jake at his best right now....and good penalty taking is one facet of his game.

Devils were the stronger, faster and more skilled team last night. But Stingrays played a very good road game by spoiling and disrupting our key chances....and grabbing a breakaway chance themselves. After they equalised, you could see that Hull really believed they could win it.

Devils worked very hard for the result..JM capitalising on a penalty shot awarded in OT.

Perhaps the BBT isnt quite a fortress yet but each game is a learning excercise. It won't be long though.

;)

Ocko

Textbook Stingrays performance, even though the coach has changed the mentality has carried through. Sit deep, play a trap and collapse on the net in the defensive zone, then try and get any sort of break possible.

Only 16 shots in Bowns tells it's own story. We clearly bossed it but I guess don't have the fluency and understanding to beak teams down that easily yet. I thought we played well and can't think of a player who didn't play well, which shows the effort is there - the rest will come.

Atmosphere was great and crowd decent for a Stingrays match especially considering we have another game today.

Martynwo

Finny said:
Sheincar said:
Not appropriate at all!
Agreed. I'm far from an Ashley Williams fan but when he's on Wales duty he should be shown respect.
In hindsight it would have caused less of a stir if both Joe Allen and Neil Taylor had joined him on the carpet as, "members of the welsh squad".
I'm not condoning what happened, I'm 99% sure he was expecting some reaction knowing that there were some city fans there.

Anyway great game, positive is that we gave a point to a Hull rather than a "top 4/5" rated side.

Good point Raz, I didn't think to wait on the steps. This was after a period break also, but after a quick cig and after waiting in line for a beer I missed faceoff. I'm not the type to go wandering mid game lol. He seemed a bit of a miserable old fart.
I fell out with a bloke in block 2 a couple years back. They let you up the stairs in a break in play and you don't have long enough to make it to block 2. Shouted at my gf and was lucky I didn't dive over the seats and rip his head off. Miserable old fart.

I'm actually going to contradict myself here as although I was entertained and had more than my monies worth, I was disappointed in the teams performance!
I felt they were holding back on a supposed weaker team, and nearly got caught out!

I was also surprised at Jakes signing, however his performance this season has been fantastic and his speed breathtaking at times

All in all loving this new team and everything Devils related

I fell out with a bloke in block 2 a couple years back. They let you up the stairs in a break in play and you don't have long enough to make it to block 2. Shouted at my gf and was lucky I didn't dive over the seats and rip his head off. Miserable old fart.
We were in block 2, sounds like the same guy haha. Sorry if this has been asked before but why is Myers not playing again?

rolf

danhall76 said:
Try standing in front of me at the plexi. I'll show you proper grumpy old- fartedness hahaha.

That's the beauty of this family sport of ours, thermos flasks full of Bovril, egg sandwiches, blankets over the knees and "keep that noise down willya' (aimed at my 10 yr old daughter) are all things I have witnessed over the years. I remember once getting on the wrong coach at Tamworth services (we used to take multiple coaches once upon a time) only to find some old geezer sat in the back row....knitting... :eek: .....I made my excuses and left sharpish.

We all play a part I suppose but don't let em grind you down. Get a cider and black next time, spill it all over him and then say 'sorry, you distracted me there sir' that should do it I reckons :Ninja

Ocko

Haha! Great post rolf!

Some of our fans are great sports fans and great to talk to... Others as you say, blankets over the knees and miserable as sin. :lol:

I don't mind people walking in front so long as they have started walking after the whistle and make an effort to get back to their seat quickly.

By walking around while the game is in play rather than taking the nearest available seat (or step), you are obscuring others vision of what is going on. I have seen on numerous occasions when the puck has left the ice, it has resulted in a trip to A&E.

Safety announcements are repeated over and over at the games;
1) Always keep your eye on the puck
2) Do not walk around while the game is in play

and it is for a very good reason. http://imgur.com/gallery/ah0ICsx
If you get shouted at for ignoring the safety announcements you got off lightly.
Please take a moment to think about your actions stop putting your self and others at risk needlessly.

davew

Perhaps the bar should be only open in period breaks, or NO alcohol can be brought to the seating area.... people might start to learn.

How did people manage without a trip to the bar or loo in the WNIR, bring back that attitude and we will go into the new rink in better shape. Nottingham style stewarding is needed!

rolf

ooops. Thank heavens for responsible adults. Good points, well made here. Personally on reflection, I think I favour a total ban on any liquid sales within the rink. On arrival, we could then be marched through the toilets to our seats whereupon a seat belt is applied and a blanket thrown over. The belt would be released at the end of play. We could also have drop-down knitting packs from the ceiling to occupy us whilst we watch kids chuck the puck from their sedantory positions during the period breaks. Said children would be automatically fitted with a ball gag whilst on their pre-match wee wee. And the Zamboni would be horse-drawn for noise and emission pollution reasons. Then and only then would we have a match-night experience worthy of our new rink.

Finny

rolf said:
ooops. Thank heavens for responsible adults. Good points, well made here. Personally on reflection, I think I favour a total ban on any liquid sales within the rink. On arrival, we could then be marched through the toilets to our seats whereupon a seat belt is applied and a blanket thrown over. The belt would be released at the end of play. We could also have drop-down knitting packs from the ceiling to occupy us whilst we watch kids chuck the puck from their sedantory positions during the period breaks. Said children would be automatically fitted with a ball gag whilst on their pre-match wee wee. And the Zamboni would be horse-drawn for noise and emission pollution reasons. Then and only then would we have a match-night experience worthy of our new rink.
I'm guessing if people kept walking past you and the plexi during the game you wouldn't have such a sarcastic attitude.
Can not wait for the new arena where the walkway is at the back of the stands. People may think they are only causing us a second or two of inconvenience but when you have 5 to 10 people in every break of play it's really annoying and disruptive.

voth26

Budgie said:
I'm actually going to contradict myself here as although I was entertained and had more than my monies worth, I was disappointed in the teams performance!
I felt they were holding back on a supposed weaker team, and nearly got caught out!

I was also surprised at Jakes signing, however his performance this season has been fantastic and his speed breathtaking at times

All in all loving this new team and everything Devils related
I wasnt there last night due to work, but first proper game for points i would guess it wasnt going to be perfect, hull are a tough side to play against, they sit deep then run like hell if or when they get a break!!. but a wins a win pretty or otherwise

drainage

toy_car_uk said:
By walking around while the game is in play rather than taking the nearest available seat (or step), you are obscuring others vision of what is going on. I have seen on numerous occasions when the puck has left the ice, it has resulted in a trip to A&E.

Safety announcements are repeated over and over at the games;
1) Always keep your eye on the puck
2) Do not walk around while the game is in play

and it is for a very good reason. http://imgur.com/gallery/ah0ICsx
If you get shouted at for ignoring the safety announcements you got off lightly.
Please take a moment to think about your actions stop putting your self and others at risk needlessly.
As someone who had 34 stitches from a puck whallop when not walking around the rink when game in play I can second this!

I was simply waiting by stairs and turned my head for a second to see how long on clock ....that's all it took ! Result ? Missed game 3 and half hours in A&E 34 stiches and 2 black eyes!

Status
Not open for further replies.